[gfx] [for 0.16] [0.15.18] weird shadow on north facing train loading pump

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
vrykolakoi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[gfx] [for 0.16] [0.15.18] weird shadow on north facing train loading pump

Post by vrykolakoi »

just when you thought you solved your north facing entity bugs

North facing train loading pumps (a pump with a pipe or tank attached) will create a weird shadow over the tracks
Issue does not happen on other orientations of the pump, on unloading pumps, or without a pipe entity attached.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/NrTL5TL.png
BP String:
0eNqNk2FvgyAQhv/LfcbGUnXWv9IsDW0v7jJFArjUGP77gGab2VzlEznI89wLOWa4dCMqTdJCMwNdB2mgOc1gqJWiC3t2UggNkMUeGEjRh0oL6sAxIHnDOzR7xzYRYwctWsyskO8LlLtXBigtWcJH61hMZzn2F9TevTD4tu2bzWJ3BmownhpkaOlNGWcwhcXLb6Tx+jjjIdsvJ0915snKQ6oyPWWRqiySleW3Uo29WnnDfFdGWe5W6GqD3j+DXzbgwzO4Xh+jv/m/IvBduf0ax59I5Cf23/v41YUxjQPdLL4Mgw/UJgJVUfCyqo95XTv3Cf0AF7I=

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [gfx] [15.18] weird shadow on north facing train loading pump

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Fun fact: we knew about this (and 3 other graphical glitches in pump connector) from before 0.15.0 release, but there was no time to fix it yet. And this is the first report about this issue :)

vrykolakoi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [gfx] [15.18] weird shadow on north facing train loading pump

Post by vrykolakoi »

posila wrote:Thanks for the report.
Fun fact: we knew about this (and 3 other graphical glitches in pump connector) from before 0.15.0 release, but there was no time to fix it yet. And this is the first report about this issue :)
is one of those the fact that the pump doesn't change to a train pump when attached to a rail? (such as in the screenshot as well)
the south facing train pumps look different than north facing train pumps

keep up the good work! you guys are killing it

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [gfx] [for 0.16] [0.15.18] weird shadow on north facing train loading pump

Post by posila »

So for 0.18.41 I have changed the offending shadow spritesheet to not look so broken, but I would not say it is fixed.
And at this point, I think we will sooner do redesign of the pump connector spritesheets than fix the existing one.

Return to “Won't fix.”