New Research window size error

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Overread
Inserter
Inserter

New Research window size error

Post by Overread »

The new research icons look great - however the window for research doesn't resize for 1024*768 screens and thus overhangs the edges of the screen. At present its not a total problem as you can move it around, but its rather annoying and untidy. A simple rescaling for smaller screens would easily be possible as the new icons are much bigger and would still be clear if resized smaller.

version 12.17

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Research window size error

Post by bobingabout »

I think an option to change the icons back to the old 32x32 format would be a good idea.

After playing a game like Undertale, it really hits you that you don't need all this pretification to be a good game.

Remember, functionallity is more important than looking prety, And being able to see all the desired information at once is a functionallity thing. (I wish I could smack a lot of web designers around the head with that fact, I often find some sites completely unusable because they've put more effort into making something look good, and completely abandoned compatabillity and functionallity in the attempt)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yttrium »

A workaround would be to go to Options > Graphics, set the GUI scale to "Custom" and move the slider to a lower value than 125%.

this will resize the other GUI stuf as well so depending on your monitor this might not be an solution if it makes everything else too small.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

The icons also look really bad in the research window as they're downscaled from a larger resolution without anti-aliasing. Everything is pixelated..

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The minimum resolution we test it for is 1280X720, I just told tomas to write it into the minimal configuration. There would be lot of other things we would have to fix to make it run on smaller resultions.

Return to “Won't fix.”