[posila] [0.16.13] Fluid wagon tank indicators not lining up

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Tijskeb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[posila] [0.16.13] Fluid wagon tank indicators not lining up

Post by Tijskeb »

When hovering the mouse while holding a pump, there is a yellow indicator on which tank of the fluid wagon the pump will attach. But for every second wagon (not counting the first locomotive), these do not line up with the wagons themselves. See picture for details.
Schermafbeelding 2018-01-04 om 11.38.10.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-01-04 om 11.38.10.png (501.19 KiB) Viewed 3074 times

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [posila] [0.16.13] Fluid wagon tank indicators not lining up

Post by evildogbot100 »

I thought it is just indicating which rail it is attached to.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Yes, it currently highlight just rail it is attached to.
I looked into if it would be possible to actually highligh tank, but it would be kind of insane when the pump is not connected to a wagon, so I'll keep it as it is.

Thanks for the report.

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

I was going to report the same issue in [0.16.36].

I thought this bug was new to [0.16.x], but perhaps it was always just highlighting the track as you say and I just never noticed before. Is that helpful though? Granted the need to specifically identify which tank the pump will attach to has been reduced by the elimination of the fluid wagon having three distinct tanks. Still, sometimes you want multiple pumps on a single wagon for quick fluid transfer (with the correct pipe / tank setup, it is indeed faster).

All that said, I think the indicator should either show which tank will be connected or be removed altogether. As-is, it just creates more confusion among veteran and new players alike. When placing pumps now, I need to try and ignore the yellow indicators and concentrate on placement with the white rail car indicators. Seems silly to have a graphical element that's supposed to help actually hinder placement.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

This is usefull when placing two pumps next to each other to show they are on different tanks.

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

Trebor wrote:This is usefull when placing two pumps next to each other to show they are on different tanks.
I'm not following. The yellow outline doesn't track the position of the tanks in all cases. That's the complaint. I agree this would be very useful if the feature did what you'd expect.

Return to “Won't fix.”