User Control Panel: Notifications: Mark Read

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

User Control Panel: Notifications: Mark Read

Post by jamiechi1 »

This doesn't appear to work at all with regards to the check marks. One can click on the bottom page to mark all as read but reloading the page later all check marks are removed.
Reading a topic never sets a check mark, and one can not manually check the item for a specific topic.
Also it would be helpful if I could remove a topic or remove all.

Otherwise, it is nice having this page as a reminder to me what topics I have posted in.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: User Control Panel: Notifications: Mark Read

Post by jamiechi1 »

This is still broken.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hey, the check marks on that page are not a "this has been read" marker. For notifications that have not been acknowledged (read) yet, this check mark is merely a selector of which ones to perform the "MARK READ" operation on. This is why the check marks disappear after, and doesn't allow you to check it again.

Also, as to this:
jamiechi1 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:45 am
Otherwise, it is nice having this page as a reminder to me what topics I have posted in.
I feel like the "Your posts" link (top center by Quick links, Active topics, and FAQ) is a faster and easier way of seeing this. (Note: if you are using a phone, this link is hidden when you are holding the phone in portrait mode. Turning it sideways for landscape reveals it.)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I assumed that once an item in this list was read, it would go away. Apparently that assumption is wrong.

Thanks for the tip about the Your Posts link.

Return to “This Forum”