Post disapproved for cryptic reasons

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
jasper-bear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post disapproved for cryptic reasons

Post by jasper-bear »

I just got a notification:

"Post disapproved:
Reason: The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field."

What the heck does this even mean? This is not very new-user friendly.

It says that the message does not fit into any other category. Other? Other than what?

It says use the further information field. I have scoured this site, and I do not see any field anywhere labeled "further information".

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Post disapproved for cryptic reasons

Post by Jap2.0 »

When reporting a post, that's one it the options for reasons. (There's also a "further information" field.) I'm guessing that disapproving posts has something similar for moderators, and they forgot to put in a custom explanation. One of them will probably be along in a bit and can fix and/or explain the issue.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I filled out the internal reason instead of the external one. In your case i did not approve it because you continued a discussion that ended 4 years ago.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:23 pm
In your case i did not approve it because you continued a discussion that ended 4 years ago.
But how are new apprentices supposed to learn the art of necromancy then?

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Loewchen wrote:
I filled out the internal reason instead of the external one. In your case i did not approve it because you continued a discussion that ended 4 years ago.
So it really was a cryptic reason, then?

jasper-bear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jasper-bear »

Loewchen wrote:
Ok, I see it now where it says "necro", which I'm guessing means "necroposting"? ...which I had to google.

It's still really confusing, because I thought that "The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field." was a message that the mod was writing to me, and it means nothing to me. I understand it now, but it seems like a bad option name.

Return to “This Forum”