[WEB SITE] Forum password reset not working

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[WEB SITE] Forum password reset not working

Post by Stevetrov »

Reported on behalf of darklich14

Darklich14 is unable to reset his password using:
app.php/user/forgot_password

Get an error message "Unable to find template "ucp_reset_password.html" (looked into: /var/www/forums.factorio.com/styles/factorio32/template, /var/www/forums.factorio.com/styles/factorio32/theme, /var/www/forums.factorio.com/styles/all/template)."

He expected to be able to reset his password

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [WEB SITE] Forum password reset not working

Post by Sanqui »

Looks like one thing that went wrong during the forum upgrade. Thanks, I have fixed the issue, so you can tell darklich14 to try it now.
ovo

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:33 pm
Looks like one thing that went wrong during the forum upgrade. Thanks, I have fixed the issue, so you can tell darklich14 to try it now.
Now he tells me he is getting "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Stevetrov wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm
Sanqui wrote:
Now he tells me he is getting "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
Please tell him to go to the Login page first, and from there to follow the "I forgot my password" link. It doesn't work to access the page directly.
ovo

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm
Stevetrov wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm
Sanqui wrote:
Please tell him to go to the Login page first, and from there to follow the "I forgot my password" link. It doesn't work to access the page directly.
He has tried that and still having issues

He said
"the password reset email came but when setting a new password, I get the same "The submitted form was invalid. Try Submitting Again" error"

BTW if you are on discord, he is under username darklich14 might be easier for you both!

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

We have resolved this over Discord, I believe I've fixed the problem by making some changes to session management.
ovo

Return to “This Forum”