'View your posts' and abandoned threads

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

'View your posts' and abandoned threads

Post by Avezo »

I used to reply in various threads. Some no longer interst me. Yet, when I use 'View your posts' thingy, I end up with updates from long forgotten threads. How do I fix it?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 'View your posts' and abandoned threads

Post by eradicator »

I'd also really like a feature to "unsubscribe" posts from the egosearch. Mostly for long threads (i.e. some large mods main thread) that get frequent updates but i only ever once posted something there. Nowadays i actually chose to not answer some questions on that kind of large thread because i don't want it haunting me ever after, which is kind of a shame. But i'm not sure if phpBB supports such a feature at all.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You're using the wrong page for subscriptions.

This is the official subscription page: ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

Scroll to the bottom of any topic and there is a "subscribe topic" button.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DaveMcW wrote:You're using the wrong page for subscriptions.

This is the official subscription page: ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

Scroll to the bottom of any topic and there is a "subscribe topic" button.
I'll give that a try. But there are several factors that make it less usable than egosearch.
a) egosearch has a large obvious button at the top of the page. so most people will use that by default. while "subscriptions" is semi-hidden in the control panel. (bad usability for something i use as much as egosearch).
b) i already have a large list of topics i _want_ to watch. basically i want to watch 99% of topics i post on. And manually going through countless threads to push the "subscribe" button now (afterwards) would be too much effort.
c) there doesn't seem to be an auto-subscribe function for threads i post in.
d) the subscription page does not show per thread view/replies columns.
e) none of the normal forum pages have any indication as to weather i have subscribed to a thread or not.

And also...the design of that subscription page somehow makes me think that at some point it's going to tell me that i have reached the maximum amount of subscriptions and have to remove some old ones.../awkward feeling.

Return to “This Forum”