Sort by date is strange

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sort by date is strange

Post by Aru »

The threads are no longer sorted by date, not for first post, or for most recent post. When I change between sort by date ascending and descending, I do get two different results, and the results are consistent, but they are not sorted by date. But I don't understand what is determining the sort order, and I'd like to know how to correctly sort by date.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sort by date is strange

Post by Loewchen »

Do you mean sort by Post time? I don't have sort by Date in the drop down menu, but sort by Post time works as expected for me.

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

Yes, time. I made a new thread, and for me it is in the middle of the page instead of the top. The first 9 unpinned threads are all 2016 and 2017, both in first post and in most recent reply.

viewforum.php?f=193

Oh, I think I just figured it out. I think maybe, it is putting threads which have a moderator post in them at the top of the results. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

Or maybe not, I don't know, what does the "!" icon on the left mean? Why are they pushed to the top instead of being sorted by date?

Alright, okay. I just realized that "announcement" and "pinned" are two different things! Two different ways of pushing threads to the top, some are separate, and some are kind-of mixed in with the others but not really. There are just a huge number of them on that page. It would also be nice, if the tooltip for the forum icon also indicated that it means pinned rather than only saying if it's read or unread. It looked like the sorting was broken.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Topics are sorted by date of last post within their own category :
1st : Announcements
2nd : stickies
3rd : regular posts
Example
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “This Forum”