An off topic question

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Karelipoeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

An off topic question

Post by Karelipoeg »

Hey,

I'm new to the forums.
Whenever I make a post, and want to use a picture within the post, do I have to necessarily upload the picture to a different place on the internet so I could put the link between the [img]'[/img] signs?

Because when I upload the picture as attachment here, it ends up at the bottom of my post, so I figured if I need to have the picture in the middle, I would need to use the URL.

Another question as well. If I did upload the picture somewhere and had the URL and used it in my post, how could I make it so that it will only be seen by readers who click the 'Expand content' button or something like that?

Just trying to become better at posting :D Thanks!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: An off topic question

Post by Koub »

It's better to upload the image in the forum itself. Once you have uploaded an attachment, you have a "posted attachments" section that gets added, allowing you to place the attachment inline, which I'm going to do hereunder :
2017-12-21 15_48_23-Factorio Forums • Post a reply.jpg
2017-12-21 15_48_23-Factorio Forums • Post a reply.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
Now, if you anso want to put it in a collapsible spoiler, you select the whole line with the attachment tags, and you hit the
button, then you add simple text (letters, numbers, space, but no punctuation or special chars) after the
(try to quote my message to see what it should look like).
This is the text
I placed the image twice just for demonstration purpose :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “This Forum”