[Website] Privacy policy violation

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Post by Koub »

I know, but it worked : the aforementionned bots eventually stopped trying to create accounts, and that's all what matters.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

olafthecat wrote:You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.
And Google bot and Yahoo bot. Is there any integration for them in the forum, or is that something Bing, Google, and Yahoo had to figure out?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Jap2.0 wrote:
olafthecat wrote:You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
And Google bot and Yahoo bot. Is there any integration for them in the forum, or is that something Bing, Google, and Yahoo had to figure out?
These bots are crawlers, afaik. They simply scan the forum for posts and if you search for that on the search engine, it will show the scanned posts.
Former moderator.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Kajanor wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
These bots are crawlers, afaik. They simply scan the forum for posts and if you search for that on the search engine, it will show the scanned posts.
Yep. That's not quite what I was trying to ask, but now that I think about it what I was trying to ask didn't really make any sense.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Agreed
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Return to “This Forum”