How do I quote a post in a locked topic?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How do I quote a post in a locked topic?

Post by Gergely »

How do I make the website generate me a quote of a post that is in a locked topic? (I want to refer to it somewhere else in the forum, the intended way.) When I click the quote button, the website replies that I can't make any posts in a locked topic even though that is not what I'm trying to do.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do I quote a post in a locked topic?

Post by DaveMcW »

Click the quote button to make quote tags:

[quote][/quote]

Paste the post between the quote tags:

[quote]How do I make the website generate me a quote of a post that is in a locked topic? (I want to refer to it somewhere else in the forum, the intended way.) When I click the quote button, the website replies that I can't make any posts in a locked topic even though that is not what I'm trying to do.[/quote]

Edit the opening tag to show the user:

[quote="Gergely"]How do I make the website generate me a quote of a post that is in a locked topic? (I want to refer to it somewhere else in the forum, the intended way.) When I click the quote button, the website replies that I can't make any posts in a locked topic even though that is not what I'm trying to do.[/quote]

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do I quote a post in a locked topic?

Post by darkfrei »

Just click PM by this message.

Return to “This Forum”