New to the forum, hello world!

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
GalactusX31
Inserter
Inserter

New to the forum, hello world!

Post by GalactusX31 »

Hello everyone, as the post statement says, I am new to the forum and with the game factorio. I am an enthusiast of the logical & computational subjects (which is part of my work in real life).

For a long time, I have been looking for games, which retained my creativity when it comes to creating complex systems and perfecting them to their minimum expression (in 3 words: small is better), and this game seems to be perfect for that purpose.

I am very familiar with the logic of games (you know, arithmetic combiner, decider combiner, constant combinator, wires ... ) and I hope to be able to contribute, if is not something new, maybe yess with different point of view :)

Odhrean
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: New to the forum, hello world!

Post by Odhrean »

Welcome to the community!
You just made your first step and i promise there will be much more to come for you :P

With factorio you have a new full time hobby where you can live your creativity.
The best is that factorio is fully moddable.
I am looking forward to try your first mod :D

Vals Loeder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vals Loeder »

Hi there, also a new player here. Enjoy this great game.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

There is a mod called 'factorissimo2 which gives you buildings you can put subsections of your factory in; some see it as a challenge to optimize these small buildings also. Some consider it a cheat, because (for the first level of buildings) in a 6x6 land area you get a 30x30 build space; but others have asserted that really the spaces are actually underground, and after researching recursion, gives you the ablity to make deeper underground layers; rather than just accepting the area as a Tardis :)

GalactusX31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GalactusX31 »

thanks for the welcome. ;)

I love the mods, but I personally like to play games as they are ... maybe I install some mods (if it exists) that allows me to have some extra information on the screen ( you know, science, energy... ).

Although, what most draws the attention to me of this game, is its logical part, and the possibility of creating intricate logical systems, and implement them in the manufacture, control and automation of other systems

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There is already similar "hello world" stuff: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1698

I close this thread, cause I would like to keep this board clean for more important stuff.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Althazar_Games
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

INtroducing myself

Post by Althazar_Games »

*please note - this may be wrong section - bu icannot find a *say hello* or *introduction* thread so...

Mainly i would like to say to those *steam guys* who helped a potential buyer in need (Agent Orange and Katherineofsky) thank you both so much for begin as understanding as you were... i am sorry if i seemed anything else but approachable in that discussion

second i would like to say *hi* and *cant wait to own this game next week*

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: INtroducing myself

Post by Kayanor »

Moved to this topic, even though it's locked.

If you want to, you can follow ssilk's link to the "Where do you live?" thread. Anyways have fun in the forums. :)
Former moderator.

Return to “This Forum”