Marked Not a Bug too early? No response

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Marked Not a Bug too early? No response

Post by Gergely »

I did the following bug report about Factorio 0.15.19 going Full Screen even after setting it to windowed mode some day ago. It was marked Not a Bug, but I'm not convinced about whether or not that's the case.
Loewchen wrote:See change log.
I have seen the changelog of 0.15.19 before posting that bug report. Would somebody please explain what's the actual case? Does that update resets the settings on purpose?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49499

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Marked Not a Bug too early? No response

Post by Kayanor »

Changelog 0.15.19 wrote:
Changes
  • Fullscreen is on by default.
Former moderator.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Kajanor wrote:
Changelog 0.15.19 wrote:
Changes
Is on by default, but what about my game where I ALREADY had it set to windowed mode? :?:

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gergely wrote:
Kajanor wrote:
Changelog 0.15.19 wrote:
Changes
Is on by default, but what about my game where I ALREADY had it set to windowed mode? :?:
Did you adjust it from the default setting?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I think what Gergely is saying is that he "explicitly" set Factorio in windowed mode before 0.15.19 (Options > Graphics > uncheck Full screen), but when updated to 0.15.19, it ignored the previous setting and started in fullscreen.

It is a little bit inconvenient, especially for those who are used to checking websites or doing other stuff while running Factorio.
It would be perfect if the previous setting is preserved. :D

Edit: I see the problem now.
Any setting that is equal to its default value is automatically commented in config.ini. It tells the game to use the default value.
So even if we turned on and then off fullscreen, it is still using the default value because "off" is the default value before 0.15.19.

I think it is not a very good design. When a user changed something, the game / app should remember the new value and should not use the default value anymore.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Klonan wrote:
Gergely wrote:
Kajanor wrote:
Changelog 0.15.19 wrote:
Changes
Did you adjust it from the default setting?
I did try out full screen mode once. (To see how well does the game handle full screen.) But that was back when 0.13 became stable. Ever since, I have never turned on Full Screen on purpose.
Mooncat wrote:I think what Gergely is saying is that he "explicitly" set Factorio in windowed mode before 0.15.19 (Options > Graphics > uncheck Full screen), but when updated to 0.15.19, it ignored the previous setting and started in fullscreen.

It is a little bit inconvenient, especially for those who are used to checking websites or doing other stuff while running Factorio.
It would be perfect if the previous setting is preserved. :D

Edit: I see the problem now.
Any setting that is equal to its default value is automatically commented in config.ini. It tells the game to use the default value.
So even if we turned on and then off fullscreen, it is still using the default value because "off" is the default value before 0.15.19.

I think it is not a very good design. When a user changed something, the game / app should remember the new value and should not use the default value anymore.
That's right. That is what I said in the Bug Report.

Return to “This Forum”