How to get out of the new users?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
InflamedSebi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to get out of the new users?

Post by InflamedSebi »

I signed up, to private message a user, because you can't message them directly on mods.factorio.com. But I just realised I can't do this here too, because I'm the newbee. I don't want to post some trash in the ordinary topics just to earn score and get out of this group eventually. I read the FAQ but this does not state what I need to do to unlock PM. Search said it's 3 posts so I hop this one counts. I apologize right now, because I'll replay to this 2 more times just to raise the count.
Just in case that will not work:
I m pretty sure that I m not a spam bot and I will not spam other members with advertisement or inappropriate pictures of my primary sexual characteristic (even tho this is how Internet works this time, isn't it?), so can a kind moderator please grant me the privileges to msg users? That would be awesome :)
I know i m begging for rights and I m really sorry.

Sincerely, Sebi

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to get out of the new users?

Post by 5thHorseman »

Sadly, while you know you're not a spam bot, the forum doesn't.

Depending on what you want to tell the modder, it may be better to do so publicly. If you found a bug then it may keep others from posting it. If you want to thank them, what better way to do so than publicly? If you want to propose marriage or something, then sure PMs is probably the way to go :D

InflamedSebi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InflamedSebi »

I realized my topics need to be approved, this means a Mod will have a look at this and might understand my problem. AND! The counter was increased :) Success.
Btw, is this how u handle new members? Take their right of free speech, by isolating them from the community? Mark them with a special group to separate them? This reminds me of the old days, where certain people were marked and isolated for "the good of all" ... jk, I completely understand why this is handled the way it is. Spammers are a thing and need to be stopped as good as we can.

Well, I m already married and plural marriage is not legal in my country, but I have a mod Idea but I m pretty new to modding factorio (but not coding in particular) so I need a helping hand or just be the sidekick (fine with both). I found a modder that suites the style of mod and also the amount of experience needed for it. So I want to make this private until the Idea is refined and ready for public.

PS (One last post to go?)

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

InflamedSebi wrote:I don't want to post some trash in the ordinary topics just to earn score and get out of this group eventually.
Find three threads related to mods that you use and post a comment on those?
Here's a sample:
Thanks for making this mod, I use it in all my new games, fantastic work.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

InflamedSebi wrote:I realized my topics need to be approved, this means a Mod will have a look at this and might understand my problem. AND! The counter was increased :) Success.
Btw, is this how u handle new members? Take their right of free speech, by isolating them from the community? Mark them with a special group to separate them? This reminds me of the old days, where certain people were marked and isolated for "the good of all" ... jk, I completely understand why this is handled the way it is. Spammers are a thing and need to be stopped as good as we can.

Well, I m already married and plural marriage is not legal in my country, but I have a mod Idea but I m pretty new to modding factorio (but not coding in particular) so I need a helping hand or just be the sidekick (fine with both). I found a modder that suites the style of mod and also the amount of experience needed for it. So I want to make this private until the Idea is refined and ready for public.

PS (One last post to go?)
You are indeed correct about the spammers. This way we can seperate them before the community can see the spam. They were a real problem like bots posting 200+ spam posts

Return to “This Forum”