Communities - is there a place for them on the forum?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Communities - is there a place for them on the forum?

Post by psihius »

Hello,

I'm one of the FactorioMMO team members who keeps the actual lights on managing the server :)
I lately started to try and make our community presence taken care of on multiple platforms and slowly build relations with the overall factorio community and reach out outside Reddit, Patreon and Factorio & FactorioMMO discord servers.

So, I wanted to make our community page on the forum and looking through the sections, I can't really see a proper place to do that.
I guess there is no dedicated place because there really are not that many actual communities out there that a separate forum section would be required - I basically know only 3(4) - our, Arumba, 3RA and the official Factorio discord, but that's more of an unofficial "official" discord server than a community :)

So the question stands as: In what forum section can I put our FactorioMMO thread? Can proven communities be pinned to the top? Can we have moderation of our threads and can we assign multiple moderators from the community team?

Thanks!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Communities - is there a place for them on the forum?

Post by ssilk »

Hm. The current place for such stuff is on the Wiki homepage. And indeed here it's no special place for that. But I can think of using Spread the Word for that. Hm. Some thing need to change there then...

Just make a short note to me when you made the posting, I'll do the rest. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Communities - is there a place for them on the forum?

Post by psihius »

ssilk wrote:Hm. The current place for such stuff is on the Wiki homepage. And indeed here it's no special place for that. But I can think of using Spread the Word for that. Hm. Some thing need to change there then...

Just make a short note to me when you made the posting, I'll do the rest. :)
Posted in the Multiplayer section - I think due to the nature of our community that's the most appropriate place, but if you think a different place is right, just move it :)

Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=43260

Return to “This Forum”