What is the "Registered users" user group?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

What is the "Registered users" user group?

Post by Durabys »

When I was looking though my profiles UCP I found the tab "Usergroups" and looked into it. I would like to know what is the purpose of the "Registered users" and how can one join its ranks. It is a group of players like Arumba, Steejo and Klonan or what? :? :?:
Thanks for answering.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What is the "Registered users" user group?

Post by daniel34 »

Tomik wrote:When I was looking though my profiles UCP I found the tab "Usergroups" and looked into it. I would like to know what is the purpose of the "Registered users" and how can one join its ranks. It is a group of players like Arumba, Steejo and Klonan or what? :? :?:
Thanks for answering.
You are already part of the "Registered users" group, all users that registered on the forums are by default. There are two other groups, "Global Moderator" and "Factorio Staff", the only way to be a part of them is to join as moderator or staff member.

The only thing that this setting controls (afaik) is the display on the right side: For example I am able to change my usergroup to "Registered user" (which makes me have the default inserter logo and user description), but I still have all the abilities given to me by the Global moderator role. It's purely a display function*.

* Theoretically the devs could introduce a "privileged user" role and mark some forums for that user group only, but this hasn't happened yet and the current order is Admin --> Moderator --> User --> Guest.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What is the "Registered users" user group?

Post by Durabys »

daniel34 wrote:
Tomik wrote:When I was looking though my profiles UCP I found the tab "Usergroups" and looked into it. I would like to know what is the purpose of the "Registered users" and how can one join its ranks. It is a group of players like Arumba, Steejo and Klonan or what? :? :?:
Thanks for answering.
You are already part of the "Registered users" group, all users that registered on the forums are by default. There are two other groups, "Global Moderator" and "Factorio Staff", the only way to be a part of them is to join as moderator or staff member.

The only thing that this setting controls (afaik) is the display on the right side: For example I am able to change my usergroup to "Registered user" (which makes me have the default inserter logo and user description), but I still have all the abilities given to me by the Global moderator role. It's purely a display function*.

* Theoretically the devs could introduce a "privileged user" role and mark some forums for that user group only, but this hasn't happened yet and the current order is Admin --> Moderator --> User --> Guest.
AH! I am a moron! I just noticed that above the "Registered users" is "Memberships"..yeah..I am a member..didn't notice it. Sorry. :oops:

Return to “This Forum”