Forum timezone not handling Daylight Saving Time

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
davcomnz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Forum timezone not handling Daylight Saving Time

Post by davcomnz »

Hi,
Been playing Factorio on and off for some time but only just registered today.
Have selected my correct timezone (UTC+12) but noted that the forum time is showing an hour behind the actual here.
eg. Now 1.09pm but forum post will probably show this as posted at 12:09pm.
The difference is only because of DST (Daylight Saving Time) not being taken into account.

Have looked in Preferences but can't see any way to change this so my posts will show with the correct time.
Any suggestions ?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Forum timezone not handling Daylight Saving Time

Post by daniel34 »

davcomnz wrote:Now 1.09pm but forum post will probably show this as posted at 12:09pm.
The difference is only because of DST (Daylight Saving Time) not being taken into account.

Have looked in Preferences but can't see any way to change this so my posts will show with the correct time.
The timezone setting is just a client/user setting, it will translate the time of your post to the user's preference. For example your post is displayed to me as 01:09am because I have it set to UTC+1. A visitor from New York would see your post as 19:09 (7.09pm) because they are UTC-5. It doesn't matter what you set the timezone/DST setting to when making your post, it will always display the actual time it happened on the client, if the timezone/DST is set correctly on his end. To check if your current setting is correct just go to the main forum page, there it says "It is currently 04 Dec 2016, 01:19"

You can find the settings in the User Control Panel, on the Board preferences tab under Edit global settings:
factorio-tz.png
factorio-tz.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “This Forum”