Mods Website doesn't have a Forgotten Password option

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
dasmotiu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mods Website doesn't have a Forgotten Password option

Post by dasmotiu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:17 pm

I am in a deadlock with the Mods website. I registered some time ago, and responded to the email as normal. Some time elapsed before I went back to use this registration, and I had forgotten the password. I cannot re-register because my email is "already in use". On the mods website there is no "I forgot my password" option. It is not obvious to me where I should direct my problem.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mods Website doesn't have a Forgotten Password option

Post by Klonan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 pm

dasmotiu wrote:I am in a deadlock with the Mods website. I registered some time ago, and responded to the email as normal. Some time elapsed before I went back to use this registration, and I had forgotten the password. I cannot re-register because my email is "already in use". On the mods website there is no "I forgot my password" option. It is not obvious to me where I should direct my problem.

Use the password reset on the main website:
https://www.factorio.com/request-password-reset

dasmotiu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dasmotiu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:10 am

I tried that and it did not work.

I used your link, and then used the link from the resulting email to change my password. I started Factorio (Steam), I am using 14.20 (Build 25315, win64, Steam). I have been using this release for about 2 weeks and it seems to be very stable indeed. I clicked on the "mods" option in the initial dialog, and it presented me with the Mods dialog. I clicked on "Install mods" and saw a user login dialog. I entered my username (dasmotiu) and my new password. I received the following:

Notice
Aurhentication error on the auth server:
Username and password don't match.

Which is exactly the same as before.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:50 pm

can you log in on factorio.com?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:47 pm

dasmotiu wrote:I tried that and it did not work.

I used your link, and then used the link from the resulting email to change my password. I started Factorio (Steam), I am using 14.20 (Build 25315, win64, Steam). I have been using this release for about 2 weeks and it seems to be very stable indeed. I clicked on the "mods" option in the initial dialog, and it presented me with the Mods dialog. I clicked on "Install mods" and saw a user login dialog. I entered my username (dasmotiu) and my new password. I received the following:

Notice
Aurhentication error on the auth server:
Username and password don't match.

Which is exactly the same as before.
You need to link your steam account to use the in game mods browser:
https://www.factorio.com/settings

Return to “This Forum”