Tapatalk

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Tapatalk

Post by slpwnd »

Recently we got an email from one of our fans saying that he would like to see our forum using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/). It is supposed to be an app that allows you to view different forums you are following with the same interface on your ios / android.

Does anyone use / used this app? Any comments?

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tapatalk

Post by GewaltSam »

The Starbound forums also use Tapatalk (if i remember correctly). I installed the app for that. It's okay i guess; a good alternative to browsing a forum with an internet browser on the phone for sure.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I installed it and deinstalled it immediately. One of those apps, which wants you to register anywhere, but for the job it claims to do it doesn't need that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Umbru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Umbru »

I am familiar with it but don't really use is because I am not a hard core enough forum poster to want to check/post them from my mobile devices. For folks who ether don't get enough desktop time to keep up with the forums they follow or like to stay on top of the threads they are participating in it can be pretty useful.

Unless you have a lot more folks interested though not sure it would be worth the effort.

Isntprepared
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Isntprepared »

I know of several major forums that use it; for those who primarily browse forums on their iOS / Android device it is very popular. I don't personally use it, because I browse forums with my laptop, which has a full browser. But I've seen it used all over the place.

Tenebrous
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tenebrous »

I've never installed it, despite multiple forums prompting me for it when I browse on my phone.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

It would be really good if it wasn't built around it's own 'portal' system. I would suggest this instead.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That's quite nice.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Jobeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jobeo »

I would definitely use it. I think it's standard for most forums to support it.

spacex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spacex »

Same opinion here :)
Install it please

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Never used it, think I didn't install due to it wanting access to too much info.

Callidetic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Callidetic »

I've been lurking on the forums for the last couple of weeks, since buying Factorio

My preference is to not add Tapatalk. The pop-up messages it generates when you visit from a phone or tablet are quite annoying. So much, that I've created an account just to ask that it isn't installed. Unless there's a way of suppressing the pop-ups, but seeing as nowhere else does I suspect it can't be done easily

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

Callidetic wrote:I've been lurking on the forums for the last couple of weeks, since buying Factorio

My preference is to not add Tapatalk. The pop-up messages it generates when you visit from a phone or tablet are quite annoying. So much, that I've created an account just to ask that it isn't installed. Unless there's a way of suppressing the pop-ups, but seeing as nowhere else does I suspect it can't be done easily
It is too straight forbid others to use mobile phone app for connecting to this forum. Your personal experience with such application is not general opinion about implementing feature into web.

The best would be voting who will use it and who doesn't. It is not matter of implementing or not but whether there will be enough users.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Arakasi wrote:Your personal experience with such application is not general opinion about implementing feature into web.
The general opinion is merely the sum of all personal opinions, so I think it's valid that he voices his concern with how it works.
Ignore this

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

Gammro wrote:
Arakasi wrote:Your personal experience with such application is not general opinion about implementing feature into web.
The general opinion is merely the sum of all personal opinions, so I think it's valid that he voices his concern with how it works.
There is quite difference between "Don't implement it because I won't use it [for any reason]" and "Don't implement it because the tapatalk is crappy, [and I won't use it]"

Opposite situation is that I would like to have tapatalk implemented so DO IT. It is also my personal opinion and have insignificant portion of general opinion.
The real solution seems to me voting.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

it seems that the only reason not to install tapatalk is the annoying popup/smart banner it displays every time you visit the forum on a mobile. Doing a quick google search shows a few discussions on the tapatalk forums about disabling it so why not install tapatalk but remove the smart banner?

spacex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spacex »

JamesOFarrell wrote:it seems that the only reason not to install tapatalk is the annoying popup/smart banner it displays every time you visit the forum on a mobile. Doing a quick google search shows a few discussions on the tapatalk forums about disabling it so why not install tapatalk but remove the smart banner?
Yes you can easily disable this banner.
Just remove the code of the banner (or the banner.php file i don't remember) . That it.

That very easy, I have make that on my forum. So why you don't install tapatalk ?
Please :(

Callidetic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Callidetic »

spacex wrote:Yes you can easily disable this banner.
Just remove the code of the banner (or the banner.php file i don't remember) . That it.
That takes out my only reason to vote against Tapatalk. For clarification, I wasn't saying it mustn't be installed, I was just expressing my preference that this forum would be better without it.

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

I am always on mobile. So, Having TapaTalk is plus. It would allow me to visit and on forums and Post with out picking up my Lappy or going to Desktop Computer.

Jobeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jobeo »

Ok so when is it going to be installed?

Return to “This Forum”