[Forum Moderation] The Unofficial Factorio Forums TRS.

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Forum Moderation] The Unofficial Factorio Forums TRS.

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

PLEASE READ:
The post you are about to read has been in NO WAY APPROVED BY THE MODERATORS OF THIS FORUM [yet.]. You can optionally use the system described below, but newcomers to this forum should know that using the report function with the system below is EXTREMELY OPTIONAL AND IS AT YOUR DISCRETION. You are in no way forced to follow the rules posted below. That ends my PSA, cue the "More You Know" rainbow effect!

"Please do report suspicious posts, but you don't have to rely on the rules mentioned in this post."
-Daniel34, One of the many very helpful moderators on this forum.

So recently i've stumbled upon some topics that were either not in the right place or just didn't need to exist.

So, me being me, I am always too lazy to PM the mods (Moderators: "feels. :cry: "), so I decided to create a way to quickly report topics for various reasons.
I bring you...

THE UNOFFICIAL FACTORIO FOURMS TOPIC REPORT SYSTEM!

I know what you're thinking: "So someone has finally come up with a way for me to report posts just because I hate that little sh*t? Great!"
Well, no. (Bet you guys $10 that i'm gonna be penalized by the mods for using a swear word. You just watch.)
There are procedures you're gonna need to follow for it to actually work. That I (or the mods (Moderators: " much approval. :twisted: ")) are going to define right here like the 10 commandments, biatch! (Except that there might be more or less than 10 of them. Idk.)

So, how do?
Well, here's how do.

SO, to report a topic, all you need to do is click the report (Kinda almost looks like this: [!]) icon on the very FIRST post on that topic. Then you need to do something kinda like this (WITHOUT THE QUOTES):

"TRS - 100 = REQUEST TO MOVE TOPIC TO DIFFERENT FORUM OR SUBFORUM"

That was an example of a way to ask the mods to move a topic to a different forum. Pretty simple right. Note that you can't add multiple TRS headers to one single message (Because that's how I want it to work, so as to not confuse the mods.)

So, after you put the header, you type what you want to have done to the topic (In the case of the example, you would state what forum or sub-forum you want the topic moved to.). Keep in mind that the Mods ALWAYS have the final say in the decision. They may deny your request, but fix a different issue in the topic, or they may just shoot you down outright. It's their call, not mine (unless I get promoted to a mod for writing this post, THEN it's [sometimes] my call! 8-) ).

So, now for the big fricking long directory of all the TRS headers. Enjoy.
(REMEMBER: All TRS headers start with "TRS -" (without quotes). THERE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE, I just truncated it for this list.)

DIRECTORY
  • 100 = REQUEST TO MOVE TOPIC TO DIFFERENT FORUM OR SUBFORUM
  • 101 = REQUEST TO VALIDATE TOPIC RELATIVITY TO FORUM OR SUBFORUM
  • 102 = REQUEST FOR SPECIAL PERMISSIONS BY OWNER (not sure if there is any use for this one... (also see *1...))
  • 103 = REQUEST TO VALIDATE TOPIC IS NOT VIOLATING FORUM RULES (use this one only if you're SUPER lazy (Like me! :D ))
  • 104 = REQUEST BY TOPIC OWNER FOR TOPIC REMOVAL FROM FORUM OR SUBFORUM
  • 105 = REQUEST BY COMMENTER FOR TOPIC REMOVAL FROM FORUM OR SUBFORUM
  • 106 = REQUEST BY OWNER FOR COMMENTING TO BE DISABLED (See *1...)(See Oct 17 changenotes.)
  • 107 = REQUEST BY OWNER TO ENABLE [flash] (Again, see *1...)104 (Also, this TRS header might not even be approved since [flash] has been disabled since pretty much forever))(See Oct 14 changenotes.)
  • 108 = REQUEST BY OWNER TO LOCK TOPIC (See *1...)
  • 109 = REQUEST BY OWNER TO UNLOCK TOPIC (See *1...)
  • 110 = GENERAL MODERATOR CALL TO TOPIC, REASON STATED BELOW (See *2 and *3...)
  • 111 = GENERAL MODERATOR CALL TO TOPIC (See *2...)
  • 112 = REQUEST TO FORCE BUMP TOPIC (See *4...)
NOTES:
Be aware that liars and impersonators/identity thieves will be punished...
Please do not use this TRS because you are super lazy and don't want to find the TRS header that actually matches the reason why you're calling them, this TRS header is if you cannot find a header that matches your reason for calling.
You MUST write a description or reason if you choose to use this TRS header.
Don't spam this TRS header. Bad things will happen.

Aaaaaaaannnnddd..... That's pretty much it for right now. If anyone has any ideas :idea: for more TRS headers, PM them to me for their final judgment. They might make it to this list if they're any good, or they might burn in hell for being terrible ideas :evil: .

PENDING:
Ideas that are currently going through the process of being accepted
into the directory. These may take some time, and might not even be
accepted at all!

~ dust ~

POSSIBLE FUTURE CHANGES:
  • Might use hexadecimal for TRS headers instead of decimal.

CHANGENOTES:
A few seconds after this was posted.
I realized that TRS - 104 is kinda redundant since there is a delete post button, But i'm gonna keep it anyways, because why not.

Oct 14, 6:46 PM MST
Added PSA at top of post.
Deleted TRS - 107 due to [flash] never going to be enabled.
Changed Changenotes name from Update List to Changenotes.
Thanks again for the guru wisdom of daniel34, one of the many mods on this site!

Oct 17, 12:58 PM MDT
Added TRS - 108 & 109.
Deleted TRS - 106 because TRS 108 & 109 makes 106 redundant.
Typos.

Oct 21, 9:38 AM MDT
Added Notes.
Moved the TRS - 104 message to Notes because honestly, it was getting really cluttered and stupid.
Battlefield 1 was released, Huzzah!
Typos.

Oct 21, 9:48 AM MDT
Emphasized the TRS - rule.

Nov 14, 10:33 AM MST
Added TRS - 110 & 111.
Added *2 & *3 in Notes.

Dec 16, 9:52 AM MST
Added Possible Future Changes section.
Spaced everything out in the Changenotes so they are easier to find.
Typos.

Dec 19, 10:53 AM MST
Added Pending section.
Added TRS - 112 to the Pending section.

Jan 11, 10:24 AM MST
Emphasized the TRS - rule some more.

April 4, 11:02 AM MDT
Approved TRS - 112.
Added *4 in Notes.
Last edited by GoldenPorkchop80 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Forum Moderation] The Unofficial Factorio Forums TRS.

Post by daniel34 »

Seems your topic got reported, it really was inevitable for this to happen.
report.png
report.png (6.48 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
We do encourage forum users to use the [!] Report fuction to report posts/threads that should be removed, locked or are in the wrong subforums. If you see a post that shouldn't be where it is please DO use the report function to make us aware of it. If you're not sure then report it anyway, there are no downsides to it. All reports are judged by (at least) one moderator and if they're unsure about how to proceed it will stay in the queue until a solution is found.

That said, making it a rule to report posts in a specific way as you did with the TRS-1xx rules doesn't only confuse the users, it also makes them more likely to not report posts as they may be unsure what rule to use and therefore not report the post at all. Reporting posts should be a straightforward process with users able to state their reasoning in their own words.

PMing moderators might seem a good idea at first but you'll only reach the moderator(s) you sent the PM to and it doesn't give the other moderators access to the problem solving process. Reporting posts is far easier and you're more likely to have your case solved faster, because any moderator online at that time might process it. Plus, some of us do get an automated mail everytime we receive a PM (to the phone, no less) and that can be very annoying.

TL;DR Please do report suspicious posts, but you don't have to rely on the rules mentioned in the first post.
GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:107 = REQUEST BY OWNER TO ENABLE [flash] (Again, see TRS 104 (Also, this TRS header might not even be approved since [flash] has been disabled since pretty much forever))
Flash won't be enabled. What post would you report that on anyway?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

daniel34 wrote: Plus, some of us do get an automated mail everytime we receive a PM (to the phone, no less) and that can be very annoying.
Whoops! :oops:
Sorry about that! I wanted to make your lives easier, not more annoying! I only wanted to make a way to sort topic reports easier, since there was no real way to report the topic itself.
daniel34 wrote:TL;DR Please do report suspicious posts, but you don't have to rely on the rules mentioned in the first post.
:)
This will be added to changenotes as well as the post header.
This system was never meant to be taken 100% seriously unless the mods approve it outright. Until you guys do, I will continue making edits to the system.
daniel34 wrote:
GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:107 = REQUEST BY OWNER TO ENABLE [flash] (Again, see TRS 104 (Also, this TRS header might not even be approved since [flash] has been disabled since pretty much forever))
Flash won't be enabled. What post would you report that on anyway?
:D
Thanks for confirming my worst fear! I will remove that TRS header and add it to the changenotes.
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi,

My two cent about all that : The way I moderate : I always have the page "new posts" on Factorio Forum displayed, and I refresh it every time I am in front of it. If I see a suspiscious post or a /!\, I Don't even get to the report, I directly get to the post, and see by myself what's about it. It's fairly easy to see what's wrong with a post right away, and for the 1-2% of the time it isn't, then I have a look at the textual report to guess. Honestly, don't bother with complicated codes :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Koub wrote:My two cent about all that
Thanks for those 2 cents! Gonna buy me a chocolate! :)

But honestly, thanks for your feedback! Even though you might not look at the report description, I'm still going to try my best to make this system implemented at least in some form!
I will keep on trying to make this the best it can be, because I believe in this system!

Last bumped by GoldenPorkchop80 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:44 pm.
Contact me:
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit

Return to “This Forum”