Order of letter formatting buttons

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Order of letter formatting buttons

Post by TuckJohn »

Right now, when editing a post, the order of the buttons above the text box is

Code: Select all

(B)(i)(u)(Other buttons)(strike)
when It should be

Code: Select all

(B)(i)(u)(strike)(Other buttons)
As strike is just another type of letter formatting and should be next to the other letter formatting tools.
Also, while I'm on it, I would recommend changing the label of the button from (strike) to s.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Order of letter formatting buttons

Post by ssilk »

1. The additional buttons are not configurable like so, they are added to the end. To change it someone needs full access to the server. If you give me a better reason I can try to make this a higher prio. :)
2. I won't change it to "s", cause nearly everything here is like in HTML and otherwise it is unclear, what "s" should mean (and old text cannot be interpreted anymore if I change it now).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

ssilk wrote:1. The additional buttons are not configurable like so, they are added to the end. To change it someone needs full access to the server. If you give me a better reason I can try to make this a higher prio. :)
2. I won't change it to "s", cause nearly everything here is like in HTML and otherwise it is unclear, what "s" should mean (and old text cannot be interpreted anymore if I change it now).
1. Oh yeah- I can see that. for some reason I had thought that you guys (mods) had more control over the order of the buttons. :P
2. Perhaps it can be changed to str? right now it seems really inconvenient to have to type "strike" inside brackets. I donno though, I might be just be really lazy or something. ;)
Also- another thing that I would like to change is for the work "strike" (or whatever is in the box) to have a strikethough, just like underline and italic have their effects.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

TuckJohn wrote:2. Perhaps it can be changed to str? right now it seems really inconvenient to have to type "strike" inside brackets. I donno though, I might be just be really lazy or something. ;)
"Strike" is HTML standard. "Str" is for me "String"... or "Street"...
How often are you striking stuff? And why don't you use the buttons: Mark text, move the mouse to the "strike"-button and press it.
Also- another thing that I would like to change is for the work "strike" (or whatever is in the box) to have a strikethough, just like underline and italic have their effects.
I'll look if that is possible the next time I do admin-stuff.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

ssilk wrote:
TuckJohn wrote:2. Perhaps it can be changed to str? right now it seems really inconvenient to have to type "strike" inside brackets. I donno though, I might be just be really lazy or something. ;)
"Strike" is HTML standard. "Str" is for me "String"... or "Street"...
How often are you striking stuff? And why don't you use the buttons: Mark text, move the mouse to the "strike"-button and press it.
{/quote}
I guess str does normally stand for string (I program a lot). Whenever I need to strike something (usually a rant that was promptly called false) I look for a letter with a strike though it located by the other buttons that do similar things.

Return to “This Forum”