My topics keep getting :trashbin:ed

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
imcute
Inserter
Inserter

My topics keep getting :trashbin:ed

Post by imcute »

so yesterday i made a topic called spiderotron winch in bug reports
and then today it dissappeared

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: My topics keep getting :trashbin:ed

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I can confirm that post was made and then deleted.

I saw that one and replied, then started editing my post and got an error because it had been deleted.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

imcute wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:31 am
Maybe, maybeee it's because you flood and spam topics with 2-sentence posts?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

aka13 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:47 am
imcute wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:31 am
Maybe, maybeee it's because you flood and spam topics with 2-sentence posts?
Well, their bug report one was a couple sentences longer than that ( :lol: ), although ultimately it would have been moved to “Not a Bug”.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

There is this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638

It says how you should write bug reports. If your posts did not cover the required information, that may be a reason to delete these posts.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ichVII wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 pm

It says how you should write bug reports. If your posts did not cover the required information, that may be a reason to delete these posts.
Except, as far as I’ve seen, when someone posts an improper bug report, they get a dev or moderator reply pointing them to that post.

Doesn’t do anybody any good to just delete a post and not give them a reason why.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I can't speak for the other moderators. I can only speak for myself, and I haven't deleted any of OP's posts.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

ichVII wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 pm

okie

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:42 am

I saw that one and replied, then started editing my post and got an error because it had been deleted.
oh okay

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Koub wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:28 pm
[Koub] I can't speak for the other moderators. I can only speak for myself, and I haven't deleted any of OP's posts.
Me neither

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

FuryoftheStars wrote:

also i will not get a notification if u dont quote me :/

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

@imcute you might not have noticed it, but this is an oldschool classic forum, not a chat. In a forum like this, you're expected to post messages with a minimum amount of thought behind it, and you expect that people who answer, put as much effort into their answers as you put into the question.

You seem to have mistaken the forum for a chat, since I saw you you often just add one or two liners to kind of old threads. If you observe the posts from other people, you see this isn't the common post here. I recommend you put slightly more effort into your posts. If you are more the chat guy, keep in mind there is also a Factorio Discord that is very alive.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

imcute wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:45 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:

also i will not get a notification if u dont quote me :/
In the user control panel (click your name in the upper right then "User Control Panel"), under the "Board preferences" tab -> "Edit notification options", make sure the email option for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" is checked.

Then, you can subscribe to a thread through a variety of means:
  • Manually by ticking the check box "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the Options section just below the box you type in when posting.
  • Manually via the wrench icon button at top and bottom of each thread with a drop-down option of Subscribe (or Unsubscribe if you are already subscribed).
  • Automatically in the user control panel, under the "Board preferences" tab -> "Edit posting defaults" section, tick the "Yes" option for "Notify me upon replies by default". This will auto select the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option mentioned above, at which point you can then manually unsubscribe from threads you're not actually interested in (this is how I do it).

Tertius wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 pm
@imcute you might not have noticed it, but this is an oldschool classic forum, not a chat. In a forum like this, you're expected to post messages with a minimum amount of thought behind it, and you expect that people who answer, put as much effort into their answers as you put into the question.

You seem to have mistaken the forum for a chat, since I saw you you often just add one or two liners to kind of old threads. If you observe the posts from other people, you see this isn't the common post here. I recommend you put slightly more effort into your posts. If you are more the chat guy, keep in mind there is also a Factorio Discord that is very alive.
While I agree with this sentiment in the sense of the multiple replies quoting individual people each time vs 1 reply with everything in the same post, and the dredging up of years old threads with a comment that really doesn't add to or change anything about the discussion, this really shouldn't have much bearing to the topic at hand: posts being deleted with no explanation from anyone as to why, especially when we have at least 2 people with the ability to do such things already commenting that they have not. I would especially hope that if an admin/moderator is going through deleting someone's posts because they are seeing it as spam content that they would at least PM the person in question with a notification and warning of some sort.

----------------------------------------------------------

Having said this, I am reminded of something... imcute, does anyone else have the password to your account, or do you tend to leave it logged in/unlocked and walk away from your computer with other people around? I seem to recall you making another post at one point asking if you'd made a bunch of crazy posts because your brother(?) had hopped on it while you were away. It's possible for someone else to be deleting your stuff from your account if this is the case.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Since the "brother" posts were not different at all, were written in the same way, and happened at the same time as his usual postings, I think that is the classical imaginary brother at work as always
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

aka13 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:41 pm
Since the "brother" posts were not different at all, were written in the same way, and happened at the same time as his usual postings, I think that is the classical imaginary brother at work as always
While that thought has indeed crossed my mind, I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt. :)

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

Tertius wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 pm

Oh,okay
Yeah i behave in every forum like this cuz the first forum i encountered was based in discourse and i mistaken it with discord
ill improve(btw no capital i here cuz it confuse with L xd)
I cannot get discord now.Too slow but i can get https://kook.top/ which plagarises discord

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:12 pm
Make sure the email option for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" is checked.
No i cannot use that email for some private reasons.
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:12 pm
Are you leaking your password somewhere?Stop it unless your brother(?) will delete things
No.my brother is just playing some other things beside me.if i go to the toilet he will do something naughty but not destructive

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

aka13 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:41 pm
Me with capital letters in front of sentences,but without the word "I" capitalized,spaced quite good,without most grammar errors->me
me withot capital letters in front of sentences (too on "i"),lackofspacing,with some poor grammar,with naughty,offtopic subjects->naughty brother

Return to “This Forum”