[Website] Privacy policy violation

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby Koub » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am

I know, but it worked : the aforementionned bots eventually stopped trying to create accounts, and that's all what matters.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Location: France

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby olafthecat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:58 am

You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.
Been binge watching Aquasitions Incorporated "The C Team" recently.
A fun spin off of the original D&D game.
Also, the fanbase is quite active, which means lots of fanfiction!
User avatar
olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm
Location: UK (Finally!)

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby Jap2.0 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm

olafthecat wrote:You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.

And Google bot and Yahoo bot. Is there any integration for them in the forum, or is that something Bing, Google, and Yahoo had to figure out?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby Kayanor » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Jap2.0 wrote:
olafthecat wrote:You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.

And Google bot and Yahoo bot. Is there any integration for them in the forum, or is that something Bing, Google, and Yahoo had to figure out?

These bots are crawlers, afaik. They simply scan the forum for posts and if you search for that on the search engine, it will show the scanned posts.
User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am
Location: Thuringia, Germany

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby Jap2.0 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Kajanor wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
olafthecat wrote:You guys do a pretty good job of getting rid of the rogue bots.
The only bots we have now are factorio bot and bing bot, both of which are kept on a tight leash.

And Google bot and Yahoo bot. Is there any integration for them in the forum, or is that something Bing, Google, and Yahoo had to figure out?

These bots are crawlers, afaik. They simply scan the forum for posts and if you search for that on the search engine, it will show the scanned posts.

Yep. That's not quite what I was trying to ask, but now that I think about it what I was trying to ask didn't really make any sense.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am

Re: [Website] Privacy policy violation

Postby olafthecat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Agreed
Been binge watching Aquasitions Incorporated "The C Team" recently.
A fun spin off of the original D&D game.
Also, the fanbase is quite active, which means lots of fanfiction!
User avatar
olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm
Location: UK (Finally!)

Previous

Return to This Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest