[YouTube] Ashen Glow Walk-through for Beginners

Post about Let's plays and streams.
ashenglowgaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[YouTube] Ashen Glow Walk-through for Beginners

Post by ashenglowgaming »

Hi guys,

I just started a new YouTube walk-through series and my first episode featured Factorio. Check it out, and if you find it helpful and want more, please like and subscribe so I will know to make more such tutorials.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [YouTube] Ashen Glow Walk-through for Beginners

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to Show your Creations ‹ Videos
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I only watched the first few minutes (sorry, but tutorials on stuff you already know can be a bit dry sometimes), and it sounds fairly good so far. One thing I noticed was that you mentioned was that Factorio goes on sale. It has been at $20 for several years, and the developers have stated that they have no plans to change that price or have any sales for the forseeable future. Your guest mentioned finding the game for $10 - the only thing I can think of regarding that is that several years ago, in the very early stages of Factorio, there were different 'tiers,' so to speak, of the game, with differences in what scenerios you got and stuff (in fact, when you place a train station, labrotory, or a few other things it gets assigned a random name based on an early backer who bought a higher tier). One of these might have been $10, but saying there are sales is very wrong.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

ashenglowgaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ashenglowgaming »

Jap2.0 wrote:I only watched the first few minutes (sorry, but tutorials on stuff you already know can be a bit dry sometimes), and it sounds fairly good so far. One thing I noticed was that you mentioned was that Factorio goes on sale. It has been at $20 for several years, and the developers have stated that they have no plans to change that price or have any sales for the forseeable future. Your guest mentioned finding the game for $10 - the only thing I can think of regarding that is that several years ago, in the very early stages of Factorio, there were different 'tiers,' so to speak, of the game, with differences in what scenerios you got and stuff (in fact, when you place a train station, labrotory, or a few other things it gets assigned a random name based on an early backer who bought a higher tier). One of these might have been $10, but saying there are sales is very wrong.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure, I'll have to take it up with my guest speaker - I'm not sure what he was referring to as I got it for $20 myself. If needed I can always make a corrective annotation in the video. Cheers

Return to “Videos”