The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by Infectum13 »

Thank you everyone that joined us in the Live Stream today!

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

Welp, was good to see the episode. A bit sad it's over...was always fun seeing what happens. But hey there is promises of co-op fun from you guys later so we shall see :).

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

After playing a bit on the map I could really say that it was close to get to rocket defense (a second version would have probably raised the episodes to over 100). Even I ripped down nearly every module production, iron is the biggest problem (even I already get the half of the iron field in the west), but also the copper dries out very fast . After increasing production of batteries to become electrical independent the deficit of the oil production gets visible (even without a plastic production). Problems in 2 1/2 main resources. What I really miss compared to my own map are masses of green modules.

I started to expand the solar area to the north (about two more logistic areas) to enclose the next iron field and will expand it to the east with a huge step of the walls. There is so much space without the need to rip down forests (and one more iron field). Maybe the existing area was too small for the electrical independence. Not without a huge rearrangement. To get there in an episode the north-expansion would have to be done a round before. But the securing of the base was really easy and not much time consuming. One blueprint, some realigning of walls, some extra work at the corners and the north, east and south protection could have been easy done in one episode.

One of the biggest logistic problems is the transport of copper. Trains will start to run back not totally emptied on one side and to not fully filled on the other side. Outpost and unloading have to get an upgrade. Even every copper smelter runs the belt will jam back and stop the unloading. I would build a new train section between the existing walls and the oil fields in the west (south of the big lake), the smelting of both in the east of it and after that the plates will enter the existing walls. But also more work as fits into one episode.

Two highlights:
  • I got the message that trains are destroyed (destroyed, not only attacked), in the map it blinked at the intersection between east-oil and south-copper. When I arrived at this side of the factory a train (copper) was arriving that lost some health (green bar) and the other (oil) was also driving well. So whatever happened the robots must have replaced a destroyed train with an existing train out of the network and that faster that I could run with four exoskeletons. But I wondered if they filled it too. Normally a builded train wouln't have any fuel (but perhaps it was only the train on the backside)
  • I saw a swarm of biters running right through the two copper fields in the south heading directly to the last builded iron field. Ah nature, your wildlife is so wonderful :D
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Infectum13 wrote:Thank you everyone that joined us in the Live Stream today!
I'm so stupid. I missed it, cause I though it will be on Sunday, changed even the entry on the wiki news-page like so. I hope nobody says now he missed it too, cause he read it in the wiki... :oops: :roll:

Will there be a copy of this last episode anywhere anytime?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

All of the live steams -root hosts are in his past broadcasts list on his twitch page.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

I'll also be posting it on youtube. Its uploading currently.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

without licensed music?

I want to watch it :). And in germany youtube is very strict :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Videos”