The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by Calico »

IT'S CHAOS OUT THERE!

Yeah, got some time since 10.4 is bugged so i gave it a try and watched all 5 episodes so far. Combining 5 Players of different skill levels and 5 different styles.... yeah, it's fun to watch. And even the "better" players struggle quite a bit. The way the Infectium managed to bring all research to a halt for 45mins... Infectium, if you read this, you deserve a medal! :D

I'm thinking of one word descriptions for every episode....overbuilder for Fish, paranoid for Infectium, confused for sonori, perfecter for Alex and gettinitdone for Negative?

Anyway, fun to watch, will put some time aside to view the next few episodes in a couple of days.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Loved ep. 5, loving the series!

p.s. NO MUMMY, NOT ANOTHER GEARWHEEL SAMMICH, PLEASE!
p.p.s. THE GREEN SCIENCE ISN'T WORKING! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
p.p.p.s. YOU HAVE NO PLASTIC FOR ELECTRIC COOKERS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

*slaps self out of it

Factorian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Factorian »

Electric cookers?

New to Factorio the Easy-Bake Oven! For all your roasted Biter needs

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

20min from ~30hour playtime? its mean 90 save sending? and not tired? iam too tuber, but rusian. )))) how you send seve? and where is enemy?

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

generalmek wrote:20min from ~30hour playtime? its mean 90 save sending? and not tired? iam too tuber, but rusian. ))))
Uh, not sure what your question is here :) Understand that english is your not first language, if you can rephrase I'll answer the best I can :)
how you send seve? and where is enemy?
You send the save by just sending the zip file. Saves for Factorio are just a big zip folder.

The enemy normally rocks up when you start pumping out enough pollution to pull them in. It will be interesting when that happens as we may or may not be prepared for it :shock: :lol:

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

It was a lot of fun finally being able to see what the other guys got up to. Lots of wtf moments. My next video 'what were they thinking' will be up tomorrow. =D

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Calico wrote:The way the Infectium managed to bring all research to a halt for 45mins... Infectium, if you read this, you deserve a medal! :D
Or a boot to the head.
I'm thinking of one word descriptions for every episode....overbuilder for Fish, paranoid for Infectium, confused for sonori, perfecter for Alex and gettinitdone for Negative?
Having been able to go back and watch all the others, i think you're right there. Pretty happy that you reckon i'm the "gettinitdone" man, i was worried I was going too slow :lol:

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

Well, you did make the biggest advancements. Surely it helped that Alex managed to get the research sorted out after some time. But you di have the fastest assesment of the situation and "got stuff done".

But Infectium still deserves a medal! I'm highly interested what his next move will be! :D

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Yeah, I don't think can be understated how well Alex did in setting me up. Even right down to him parking me next to the yellow inserter factory so I would hopefully see it (even though i didn't :lol:). Something really funny is that when i was playing my turn, i had no idea about that delay because of the materials processing. It had all been largely sorted by the time I got the save :lol: .
Calico wrote:But Infectium still deserves a medal! I'm highly interested what his next move will be! :D
Yeah definitely. I'm looking forward to the next round. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a week to see what the boys come up with. Not sure Alex is looking forward to it though :D :lol:!

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

can i join? but my lang is russian. perhaps i can without comment.
-root wrote:
generalmek wrote:20min from ~30hour playtime? its mean 90 save sending? and not tired? iam too tuber, but rusian. ))))
Uh, not sure what your question is here :) Understand that english is your not first language, if you can rephrase I'll answer the best I can :)
how you send seve? and where is enemy?
You send the save by just sending the zip file. Saves for Factorio are just a big zip folder.

The enemy normally rocks up when you start pumping out enough pollution to pull them in. It will be interesting when that happens as we may or may not be prepared for it :shock: :lol:
i mean for finishing game you need send save more then 90 times. you send on skype or mail?

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Sorry, we've already got our five youtubers. You had to get in quick!

We're using dropbox to move the save file around. Its less than 10mb, so pretty easy on the downloads/uploads considering the average episode to youtube ranges anywhere from 100mb to 1gb depending on encoding settings :)

Also for the game time to finish, that remains to be seen. Most people are able to finish the game well inside of 30 hours. We might be able to do it quicker than that... Or we might take longer :lol: . But that is part of the fun :D

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Very entertaining! Can't wait to see what you guys do with pipes!

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Prepare for spaghetti :P

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I unsuccessfully try to figure out the thought process behind some of the builds, in my episode:
What Were They Thinking?! - Factorio - The Hydra Dilemma #6

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

I think that turrets and walls should be allowed to be moved around. As your base expands it's only natural to do this.
@FishSandwich: Also I think that fixing science belts is a minor change. You should have done it.

Gymble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gymble »

Fixing science belt is not really needed at this point.
They still have 2 empty lines between the labs.
Just that in place of the classic red|green/blue|purple we can expect red|purple/green|blue.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Xecutor wrote:I think that turrets and walls should be allowed to be moved around. As your base expands it's only natural to do this.
Those turrets were still quite close to the perimeter though so they weren't redundant. Although, yes, I think they could've probably been moved to a better position.
Xecutor wrote:@FishSandwich: Also I think that fixing science belts is a minor change. You should have done it.
Yeah I left it because I didn't know if any of the other heads had plans for it. As Gymble said above, it's still possible to do it, although not the way it's usually done. ;)

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

Hello coop players!

I've been watching your play-through and I'm quite pleased by it. The different styles and the 'what-were-those-dudes-thinking-about-this' is very entertaining.

I think that you all should take the do-not-destroy-done-stuff more lightly:
  • Everyone asks why the lonely gear maker in the south part of the base is doing there. It's still there. Even the person who built it can't seem to get rid of it.
  • Fixing the green science to take the other half of the red belt takes LITERALLY rotating 1 (ONE!) belt. Hardly major changes. FishSandwich mocked all the other players, didn't rotate the effing belt.
  • The turrets are obviously misaligned with the new base limit. Are you going to leave them there for the whole series?
As I see it, if something is clearly wrong or very easily optimized, it should be fixed. That's one the good things about playing with different folks, they usually see what you done wrong. If the same stuff appears rebuilt when you get the game again, take the hint, do not destroy it again.

Otherwise, I'm liking the series very much. Keep it going.

Also, props for Infectum for the research blunder.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

micomico wrote:Everyone asks why the lonely gear maker in the south part of the base is doing there. It's still there. Even the person who built it can't seem to get rid of it.
I agree on this, but at the time I actually thought it would've been ripped down when they ripped down the red research that was there, so I was hesitant to remove it incase anyone was using it.
micomico wrote:Fixing the green science to take the other half of the red belt takes LITERALLY rotating 1 (ONE!) belt. Hardly major changes. FishSandwich mocked all the other players, didn't rotate the effing belt.
That is a minor change yes, but I didn't see any reason to make it. It works, that's all that matters. Note:
FishSandwich wrote:We have to make do with what prior 'tubers were attempting, and build on from that. We can't destroy any builds, unless they become redundant.
micomico wrote:The turrets are obviously misaligned with the new base limit. Are you going to leave them there for the whole series?
Again I agree, but at the time I didn't know why or who placed them there, so thought it was best to leave them.

I'm glad you're watching and enjoying, but try not to take it too seriously. I expect a lot more errors like this to come up when we get into more complex builds. :)

macee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by macee »

I am enjoying this LP very much. Keep up the good work.

Return to “Videos”