[YouTube] FishSandwich's Factorio playthroughs

Post about Let's plays and streams.
ketil
Inserter
Inserter

Re: FishSandwich's Factorio playthroughs

Post by ketil »

Thanks for another great episode. I think you can reconsider how you crack the oil though. I think the most efficient setup is cracking heavy oil to light oil and light oil directly to solid fuel. And of course still do petroleum to solid fuel. This is because you get 3 light oil per 4 heavy oil(or 2fuel). You get 3 fuel per 3 light oil. If you crack 3 light oil you get only 2 petroleum which gives you only 1 solid fuel. And it takes longer time because you need to process it multiple times.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Redominus wrote:Be carefull with you coal situation you need the coal for plastics->Adv. Circuits and explosives, grenades and some capsules. Maybe closing the west area north of the new oil expansion and setting up some solar panels to save some coal during the day could help.
Thankyou! I'd almost forgot that I rely on coal for plastics, I might mix solid fuel and coal together so that I can use both in the furnaces/boilers. That should save a lot of coal. Also solar panels are a good idea, I'll see if I can get down a couple of banks of solar. :)
ketil wrote:Thanks for another great episode. I think you can reconsider how you crack the oil though. I think the most efficient setup is cracking heavy oil to light oil and light oil directly to solid fuel. And of course still do petroleum to solid fuel. This is because you get 3 light oil per 4 heavy oil(or 2fuel). You get 3 fuel per 3 light oil. If you crack 3 light oil you get only 2 petroleum which gives you only 1 solid fuel. And it takes longer time because you need to process it multiple times.
Thanks! I didn't realise that, I'll change up the oil processing next episode. :)

Thanks for watching guys. :)

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

You could use the splitter special behavior so you can force the solid fuel and wood first.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Redominus wrote:You could use the splitter special behavior so you can force the solid fuel and wood first.
Thanks, I just finished recording the next episode and tried it out. It sort of worked but, well, you'll see when I get it uploaded. :P

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

What's up guys. Part 19 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

Better Solid Fuel! - Factorio 0.10.3 "Hard Mode" #19

Of course, part 16 of my F-MOD mod playthrough is also up!

Never Repair Again! - Factorio 0.10.3 F-MOD #16

Thanks for watching, and enjoy!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sup guys, so part 20 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

Solar Powered! - Factorio 0.10.3 "Hard Mode" #20

Also, part 17 of my F-MOD mod playthrough is up!

Finally, F-MOD Stuff! - Factorio 0.10.3 F-MOD #17

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

What's up guys, part 21 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough came out a few hours ago.

Automated Solar Banks! - Factorio 0.10.3 "Hard Mode" #21

And part 18 of my F-MOD mod playthrough is up!

Gold Ore is a Lie! - Factorio 0.10.3 F-MOD #18

Thanks for watching. :D

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

I like your playthoughs very much :)
Your pronunciation is easy to understand by non-native speakers (and your mic is good).

While watching your hard mode I started my 'not-so-hard mode' game. i.e. spawners settings one step lower.
I'm still behind you development wise, but I'm already getting big biters in huge attack waves...
I have continuous line of turrets along all walls and they still periodically breaking one layer of walls...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Xecutor wrote:I like your playthoughs very much :)
Your pronunciation is easy to understand by non-native speakers (and your mic is good).
Thankyou, I appreciate the feedback. :)
Xecutor wrote:While watching your hard mode I started my 'not-so-hard mode' game. i.e. spawners settings one step lower.
I'm still behind you development wise, but I'm already getting big biters in huge attack waves...
I have continuous line of turrets along all walls and they still periodically breaking one layer of walls...
Lol, that sounds like fun. :P I've been very careful from the beginning to keep radiation down so that I wouldn't get attacks that I can't handle.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sup guys, so part 22 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough came out recently!

Mesmerizing Explosions! - Factorio 0.10.3 "Hard Mode" #22

Of course, part 19 of my F-MOD mod playthrough is also up!

Overly Complicated F-MOD! - Factorio 0.10.3 F-MOD #19

Thanks for watching. 8-)

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

Hi again, you have a bottleneck in you circuit assemblers because you have not enough wire assemblers. For every two circuit assembler you need three wire assembler.
Also when turretcreeping don't waste your time building walls, if the bitter can't reach your wall its useless. Instead you can build another row of laser granting the biters aren't going to reach your defenses. Finally turrets next to walls can be attacked by bigger bitters.

Hope it helps and loving you LP

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

Yeah. It's better to place more turrets and no walls then turrets behind walls :)
And... Probably piercing bullets and assault rifle have higher DPS ATM...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Redominus wrote:Hi again, you have a bottleneck in you circuit assemblers because you have not enough wire assemblers. For every two circuit assembler you need three wire assembler.
You're probably right, I'll try to sort out some more wire assemblers, but it's a pain with the way I have it set up.
Redominus wrote:Also when turretcreeping don't waste your time building walls, if the bitter can't reach your wall its useless. Instead you can build another row of laser granting the biters aren't going to reach your defenses. Finally turrets next to walls can be attacked by bigger bitters.
Redominus wrote:Hope it helps and loving you LP
Thankyou, I appreciate the comment. :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Xecutor wrote:And... Probably piercing bullets and assault rifle have higher DPS ATM...
But I love the shotgun so much. :D When fully upgraded it's a beast.

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

Let me show some simply ideas I had. For the Circuit line you could do like this:

For the Adv. Circuit assembly maybe this one:

Pay attention to the expandability by imply replicating que corter around the wire aseembler. A wire assembler can feed up to 8 Adv. Circuit Assemblers. And if you want to continue the line further down you can place a underground belt section before the arm fedding copper and it will feed with no problem

Cheers

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Definitely some nice builds there. Let me see if I can squeeze them in somewhere, thanks. :D

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

So, part 23 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

Coal's Saving Grace! - Factorio 0.10.3 "Hard Mode" #23

And of course, part 20 of my F-MOD playthrough is up!

Laser Turrets! Laser Turrets Everywhere! - Factorio 0.10.3 F-MOD #20

Thanks for watching! :)

Edit: @Redominus, I'll try to get that build in on my next hard mode video. :)

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

:shock: Looks like your hard mode game is headed for serious problems. :lol: Do you have any plans regarding your reliance on coal and your relative lack of raw coal supplies?

Also, you should try and push out to the west and use that giant lake/ocean as your western border and restrict the number of directions the biters can attack from.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

-root wrote::shock: Looks like your hard mode game is headed for serious problems. :lol: Do you have any plans regarding your reliance on coal and your relative lack of raw coal supplies?
It's been having serious problems for a while, :P Hence the name "Hard Mode".

I don't think I'm relying on coal at the moment, I have about 3k in the logistic system and am only using it for plastic. It should last another few episodes at least, then I'll have to push Northeast to take that base protecting the coal patch.

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

If you plan to move your mining ops or relocate them, make a blueprint also setting a storage chest near the relocation area will spped up the operation.
You have an opportunity for an easy expansion to the west continuing the northest wall and the wall north to your refinery.

Return to “Videos”