Re: FishSandwich's Factorio playthroughs

Post by -root »

He has a thang for solar panels ;)

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

Fish i forgot, you get more oil/s and total oil if you use productivity modules while the oil yield is more than 64%.
Try spawning your distractor capsules over the spawner(bittets can't attack them).

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

FishSandwich wrote:Lol, you really want to see that design don't you. :p
Oh, is it noticeable? Yeah it is :mrgreen:
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

-root wrote:He has a thang for solar panels ;)
It is really surprising? All the real-world-problems* with solar power are wiped out in the game. If it has so big advantages you just have to use it :D
* Like clouds, dirt, short daytime, seasons, latitudinal lines, storage, production/consuming-ratio, ageing, electrical resistance, ...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Alright guys, part 29 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

Exploding Blueprints! - Factorio 0.10.6 "Hard Mode" #29

Also, part part 26 of my F-MOD and now Dytech mods playthrough is also up!

Dytech Stuff! - Factorio 0.10.6 F-MOD/Dytech #26

Thanks for watching. :D

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

• "that" was just the end of lifetime of the combat robots. Nothing really spectacular :D
  • Poison capsules are no waste. Them and piercing shootgun shells are the most effective weapons. Everything else like flame thrower or rockets are complete crap. And I am really not shure if the big capsules are worth there material. I just discover them myself and by making them I really sucked my steel out of a good base. The lifetime of only 2 min is not the longest. They get eaten or shot down by worms fast - or they kill everything and you have nothing more to do for them. I could have ended the game (reached an existing but not started rocket defense) without a single combat robot. They are usable, but the price is high.
  • After you are fast enough, you can use 2 (for bigger groups 4-5) poison capsules to circle around and letting the biters stay permanently in the poison. Even big biters die off fast from it if you use the poison not just for one shot but for its whole lifetime. And for worms there is nothing better. 2-3 capsules, when your range arrives at them, lead the biters to the turrets and when you return (perhaps after a second time) the poison almost killed all worms and they can be shot very fast without really shooting back.
  • You can expand the lifetime of your combat robots by circling them around the biters. If they stay over the biters, they are eaten quite fast. But I think you are a bit slow to circle them in a good way until you reach Power Armor M2 with at least 3 sceletons.
  • Why don't you push your wall north? Letting it where it is, it is not that easy than you think (specially if you are still slow). And as you get more distance to your laser turrets the danger rises exponentially because after you returned from your wall after this leading-biters-to-the-wall-curve you have the next wave already getting created. It gets harder every tile you seem to make good. So by reducing the distance to your wall by moving it, you will succeed better and waste less amo. Just energy.

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

In my experience destruction bots are starting to be of use when there are at least 15 of them (i.e. 3 capsules).

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

@JoshLittle
Some really good points there, I'll definitely be using poison modules next episode then! As for expanding the wall up, strategically it makes sense, but I don't want to make it too easy for myself. ;)
Xecutor wrote:In my experience destruction bots are starting to be of use when there are at least 15 of them (i.e. 3 capsules).
Good to know, thanks. :D

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

And if you have like 40 of destroyers, you can just walk through a big enemy base really quickly. (I do that plus use shotgun and have a power armor with something like five shields in it.)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Sup guys, so part 30 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

What North Base?! - Factorio 0.10.6 "Hard Mode" #30

And part 27 of my F-MOD/Dytech playthrough is up!

Dirty Water! - Factorio 0.10.6 F-MOD/Dytech #27

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

FishSandwich wrote:Sup guys, so part 30 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

What North Base?! - Factorio 0.10.6 "Hard Mode" #30
:D That was some mean battles to finally clear out the northern nest.

:idea: You can use distractors on top of the spawner's.
They will get shot by worms, but biters can't reach them. If combined with poison on the worms it works like a charm.
The distractors arouse the worms to stay up in the poison, and the biters get confused.

Coming home to the peaceful base after battle with adrenalin still surging, always gives rise to a chock when the destroyers expires with a blast. :shock: :roll:
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

I really think you want so save some of your newly gained artifacts for a really good armor upgrade:
  • Power armor 2 (still to research)
  • Second reactor
  • 3-4 exosceletons
  • Rest is shield 2 (but without Samuel L. Jackson :mrgreen: )

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

Transporting copper cables for electronic circuits production is actually a bad idea.
I think like 3 or 4 AM2 producing EC at full speed can consume all the throughput of an express belt full of copper cables.
You better redesign your EC production for direct insertion of copper cables.
As for copper plates - you might want to replace red belt with express, at least near upper half of furnaces.
If you look carefully, 2-3 furnaces at the end are waiting a few moments here and there to put the plate on the belt.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

JoshLittle wrote:I really think you want so save some of your newly gained artifacts for a really good armor upgrade:
  • Power armor 2 (still to research)
  • Second reactor
  • 3-4 exosceletons
  • Rest is shield 2 (but without Samuel L. Jackson :mrgreen: )
Good idea, I should really get started on power armor 2 and more shields. I'm almost unstoppable as I am, with power armor 2... :twisted:
Xecutor wrote:Transporting copper cables for electronic circuits production is actually a bad idea.
I think like 3 or 4 AM2 producing EC at full speed can consume all the throughput of an express belt full of copper cables.
You better redesign your EC production for direct insertion of copper cables.
As for copper plates - you might want to replace red belt with express, at least near upper half of furnaces.
If you look carefully, 2-3 furnaces at the end are waiting a few moments here and there to put the plate on the belt.
I completely regretted that decision shortly after making it, lol. I'll be working on getting furnaces and belts upgraded for the next F-MOD/Dytech video, so should be able to do something in next episode.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

You will not be THAT unstoppable. You will be fast enough to be able to manover much faster as the biters and you will have enough shields to not worry about every single biter...bit.. ( :) ). The field of view can go more away from the player up to the shooting range of capsules. That is what makes it easier.

But if you run into a base with many worms or right through a horde of big biters, then your shield, your health and your combat robots will fall within milliseconds. The times I didn't pay enough attention where the times I almost died. So pay attention and do the combat systematicly. I go in, throw some poision, circle the first wave of biters a bit away from their base through more poison (if away from lasers), go back to their base, kill the last worms, clear all spawners and circle the last wave through poison (combined with picking up the artifacts). I pick up on space and shoot on middle mouse button. Makes life easier ;)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

What's up guys, part 31 of my "Hard Mode" playthrough is up!

Bugged Biters! - Factorio 0.10.6 "Hard Mode" #31

Thanks for watching. ;D

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

JoshLittle wrote:
  • Try to get the artifacts on the island by placing/ghosting provider chests over them
  • Who said something about a big pole? :P :lol:
  • That deconstruction of the turrets was really terrible. It was more then obvious that a wave of biters will interrupt. And yes, also the initial construction of it ;)
  • Why do you even consider to make only an external mining-base for the coal? You really need to expand north. There is no other direction the lake will help (just a bit west to then expand downwards for the copper). And to encase that outpost you propably need more defense than just to expand. So it is really clear that you have to at least expand to that coal+iron patches. After that I agree that copper is your next big problem that could not really be solved in the north.
  • You ask what the viewers want to see next. Hmmm, what about a good design of solar and accumulators? :D

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

JoshLittle wrote:
JoshLittle wrote:
  • Try to get the artifacts on the island by placing/ghosting provider chests over them
  • Who said something about a big pole? :P :lol:
Oops...
JoshLittle wrote:[*]That deconstruction of the turrets was really terrible. It was more then obvious that a wave of biters will interrupt. And yes, also the initial construction of it ;)
I agree.
JoshLittle wrote:[*]Why do you even consider to make only an external mining-base for the coal? You really need to expand north. There is no other direction the lake will help (just a bit west to then expand downwards for the copper). And to encase that outpost you propably need more defense than just to expand. So it is really clear that you have to at least expand to that coal+iron patches. After that I agree that copper is your next big problem that could not really be solved in the north.
I said near the end of the video that I'll have the base expanded to the north for the next episode.
JoshLittle wrote:[*]You ask what the viewers want to see next. Hmmm, what about a good design of solar and accumulators? :D [/list]
:roll:

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

You said many "I don't know" at the end so I though I get you a kick in the right direction :mrgreen:
But I think I might misunderstood you a bit. Around min 27 you talk about a train system. I interpreted that as an outpost because for me such a short train and additionaly inside the walls makes not the smalest sense. But it also might be that according to this detail my playstyle is not really widespread.

Oh and the "wall of biters" is probably just a thing with the update of the radar scannig. These walls are around one sector away from each other. So it might have something to do with that.

Return to “Videos”