Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E013]

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E013]

Post by Shrooblord »

Hey there, hey there! I'm Shrooblord and I've recently launched my Factorio Let's Play series. In this series, we start a normal game from scratch (with a couple of Quality of Life mods, but nothing crazy just yet) and build our way up to a big, end-game factory. I aim to make this as interactive an experience as a Let's Play gets, so I'll be constantly asking for ideas and suggestions in the comments about what you guys want to see me do next.

And so we'll go on a journey together and mess around in the game, going off on adventures from my own silly brain, or yours! If that sounds fun and you want to come hang out with us, come drop on by!

I enjoy a mix of casual gameplay and a couple of editing passes to make my crazy machinations pop off just that little bit more on your end of the screen, but I'm still experimenting. Tell me what you think.

Here's the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5mtPJRHEvY.

And the Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... BFiDrxbWEv.

Episodes drop on YouTube bi-weekly, Mondays and Fridays. Episode 2 airs this Friday (in 3 days). Come join in on the fun! I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Last edited by Shrooblord on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival]

Post by Shrooblord »

Hi everybody! (Hi, Doctor Nick!)

Episode 2 is out! If you enjoyed #1, be sure to tag along as our journey continues. Next episode airs Monday, at 15:30 (CEST).

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival]

Post by Shrooblord »

Me again!

The new episode 6 of Shrooblord Plays Factorio will be coming out today at 15:30 (GMT+2:00)! Follow along on my YouTube channel, or catch up on previous episodes in the playlist.
Last edited by Shrooblord on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E007]

Post by Shrooblord »

Episode 7 has aired! Catch it here while it's hot, folks!

In today's Math class, we learn about Belt Balancing, Splitting off one belt lane from a whole bus, and fix ourselves some copper smelting. Also, rambling, and confusion-induced headaches. As usual.

Follow along on my YouTube channel, or catch up on previous episodes in the playlist.

Li4u
Last edited by Shrooblord on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I haven't seen your vids, but tho things will instinctively make me suspiscious and mistrusting :
1) bitly links instead of the full youtube links.
2) the link to your channel is not a link to the actual channel, but to the "subscribe" feature of your channel (and one can't know it without clicking thanks to the bitly shortener).

Just a personal feedback, but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking the way I think.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Hi Koub. That's... uncharacteristically naïeve of me. Thank you - I will adjust the links. I've kept them short to save space on certain websites, but I understand that bitly links could be... anything at all. You are right.

I am sorry for fooling you. This was never my intention. Thanks for showing me.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Hi folks!

Ran into a bit of a snag getting this episode through YouTube's Processing, but it's here now. :)

We run around the bus! We run across the bus! We run all over the bus! In other words, we set up the infrastructure of and start using the first part of our main bus! Exciting stuff... a real factory has started to form.

Follow along on my YouTube channel, or catch up on previous episodes in the playlist.

VGhlIHJhZGlvIGlzIGEgbWVhbnMgb2YgbG9uZy1kaXN0YW5jZS4uLiB3aGF0Pw==

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E008]

Post by Shrooblord »

The new episode it out!

Today we update our smelting rig so we can turn Iron Plates output to MAXIMUM POWER. Well, as maximally as a shoddy starting field of Iron Ore gets.

SSB3b25kZXIgaWYgYW55b25lJ3Mgb3V0IHRoZXJlPw==

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E008]

Post by Shrooblord »

Episode 10 has dropped!

It's TIME TO D-D-D--D-D-D-automate Red Science! We deal with some Biter scum, too.

In this glorious tenth of ten episodes, the first move towards our final form has been made. A small step for a tiny dude on T'Twyx. A giant leap for all of dude-kind.

SSB3aXNoIHRvIGxlYXZlIG15IGxlZ2FjeSB3aXRoIHlvdS4gSWYgb25seSB5b3Ugd291bGQgc3RlcCBmb3J3YXJkLCBpbnRvIHRoZSBsaWdodC4=

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E013]

Post by Shrooblord »

Woops-a-daisy, missed some updates. Time to drop the fat ol' number 13!

Biters have been prancing around on our home grounds for far too long. Let's shut 'em out and take 'em down!

SG93IGRvIEkga25vdyBJIGNhbiB0cnVzdCB5b3U/

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Shrooblord Plays Factorio! [Single Player Survival] [E013]

Post by Shrooblord »

Hey there!

Our Monday-Friday schedule has changed, with the launch of our new multiplayer series.

A new episode of our Single Player journey airs tomorrow at 15:30 (GMT+2:00)! Don't miss it; follow along on my YouTube channel, or catch up on previous episodes in the playlist.

QW5kIHNvLCB0aGUgZ2FtZSBpcyBhZm9vdC4=

Return to “Videos”