Let's start a Marathon + RSO

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Let's start a Marathon + RSO

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

Will you play today?

Awesome compact Oil Factory!

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Also note that we managed to play with 5 people online simultaneously with no major problems. And for a few seconds I think we were 6.

Unfortunately we had many connection issues with new people joining.
So anyone can join our map, but please make sure you have good internet and good PC.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

hehe sorry for that :|

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Could you guys share the config file you managed to play with RSO mod in multiplayer without problems with desyncs?
Could you also try to use the RSO 1.0.10 and check if desyncs will appear?

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

Hello Factorio community!
Is this thread alive? Or everybody are waiting for optimization patch? I would like to play it with someone (preferable start new one). I'm new to multiplayer, but i know that mods pretty well :) so I will not be a burden (i hope :) )

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

I personnally stopped playing this map since we was obliged to set to 250-300ms latency. Not unjoyable anymore for me. I don't know if Sillyfly and Twinsen are playing since then. And personnally, close to the ending game on my solo marathon, I'm at 10-15fps, my green factory is just too huge (2 times This). So I think I will wait for the huge 0.12 optimisation :)
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I too have given up because of latency issues - some of which I am certain are due to my connection not being very good :D

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

Sadly I saw performance issues too. I hope, that it will be handled in .12.
I also was thinking about making mod, that give challenge as marathon, but also gives more technology before electric- use compressed air as source of power, but downside of that is that you would need make some piping. But I am not sure if it's possible to use fuel (liquid if that matters) in assemblers. Also, It seems for me strange, that furnaces are so small- in real life they use tones of iron ore and coal for every batch, so bigger (and faster) furnaces and assemblers could reduce lag, I think. And I won't even start about electric engines made from diesel engines O_o.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Syriusz wrote:Sadly I saw performance issues too. I hope, that it will be handled in .12.
I also was thinking about making mod, that give challenge as marathon, but also gives more technology before electric- use compressed air as source of power, but downside of that is that you would need make some piping. But I am not sure if it's possible to use fuel (liquid if that matters) in assemblers. Also, It seems for me strange, that furnaces are so small- in real life they use tones of iron ore and coal for every batch, so bigger (and faster) furnaces and assemblers could reduce lag, I think. And I won't even start about electric engines made from diesel engines O_o.
If you use one of big mods (dytech or bob's series) you get access to better furnaces - it can reduce size and amount of stuff in your smelting area significantly. They are on a costly side tho - I'm not sure how big the cost would get if we'd apply marathon rules to it :D

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

orzelek wrote:
Syriusz wrote:Sadly I saw performance issues too. I hope, that it will be handled in .12.
If you use one of big mods (dytech or bob's series) you get access to better furnaces - it can reduce size and amount of stuff in your smelting area significantly. They are on a costly side tho - I'm not sure how big the cost would get if we'd apply marathon rules to it :D
Actually it's good idea for now, It will probably require to add dependency so marathon mod will be loaded after dytech, and it will have problems with balance and tech, but i will give it a shot :).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Marathon mod is a direct edit made on base recipes - anything added by mod will not be modified so it will have usual costs.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Anyone still alive to play some factorio multiplayer again with the mp improvements?

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

I am looking for a mp game

Return to “Multiplayer”