[SOLVED] Unable to play multiplayer ... very frustrating

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[SOLVED] Unable to play multiplayer ... very frustrating

Post by sybrgreen »

SOLVED : BY A SIMPLE UNINSTALLING/INSTALLING STEP....

Hello all,

I cant play the game in multiplayer with my friend... the problem ? Im not a computer professionnal-geek-of-the-dead, so i know nothing about UDP TCHPPP ROUTERS Etc etc etc.
So i can't find informations by myself, because i know nothing about all that....

FIRST Method : The normal method which should work =

I host game : I give him IP+factorio port = NO WORK
He host = same

Second method : Evolve the " famous easy way " =

We downloaded EVOLVE , we subscribed etc etc = Create party > copy IP > NO WORK

Third method ? There is no third method =

Hamachi ? I dont know how its work, seem complex..

So please, tell me there is one way to play multiplayer in this game WITHOUT be a computer-programming-elite ?
There is few help on internet, youtube tutorial are on MAC.... (YEAH i don't have money for a MAC).
And the few help I find, i understand nothing about what they tell me.

Router etc ? seriously ....

We both desactivated firewall , all anti virus etc etc etc. But its don't work ...

There is somewhere a SIMPLE tutorial for play this game with TWO people ? Im very frustrated, and I feel totaly impotent, i can do anything !!! and when i seek for informations, I understand nothing, make me more impotent. Im not a native english speaker, its make it worst.........

Please help me im desperate
Last edited by sybrgreen on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unable to play multiplayer ... very frustrating

Post by quinor »

It should be quite simple. Method I use is hamachi:

1) download hamachi, create network, join to it
2) one of you host the game, then other one tries to connect to second person's Hamachi IP. The important part is to copy hamachi IP, not internal IP or external IP. It should begin with 25, so for example 25.123.234.098

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

It should be noted that I attempted to help this pair when they came to evolve. sybrgreen was able to connect to a game I created and I was able to connect to a game he created, so no problems there. When we attempted the same thing with his friend, the connection was refused in both instances, so I figured there must be something blocking connections to/from his friend.

I suggested disabling firewall, which they did, but I suspect there is something else. More information about his friend's setup is needed, but as he said neither are "pro" to computers, so they couldn't help there.

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

thanks for your support Fish , its exactly that. We are trying new stuff. And now we are disgusted to see that with Windows 8 , we are NOT ABLE to SHUT DOWN our antivirus PROCESS. unbelievable " Acces denied ".

for hamachi, im downloading it now, and i will see. I will tell the new if its work or not

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

Hamachi = dont work.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Found this with first search on google.. I guess window 8 has something called windows defender.. seems to be a second anti-virus program next to the regular windows firewall..

Here's the video to disable it, pretty straight forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvNJSn27qP8

Just to note, I don't have windows 8 but this was the first thing that popped up when searching to disable windows 8 anti-virus.

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

Thanks for ur help but we both have Windows Fire wall and Windows Defender DESACTIVATED , because we use the SAME firewall ( Eset NOD32) and he take Priority against that. So its desactivated (we both checked).
And our anti virus and firewall Eset are SHUT down too.

Our computers are NO defence, totally vulnerable, but its still don't work on hamachi/evolve/natural way

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Maybe an ISP-Problem? With IP4 and IP6?

I recall to have read something like that, but I have no knowledge of this. This is a hint to the helpfull computer-cracks :)

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

Here is the main problem : i absolutely dont understand what you are talking about ;)

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

sybrgreen wrote:Here is the main problem : i absolutely dont understand what you are talking about ;)
Me too :)

But other people may know.

BTW, ISP is Internet Service Provider. This is the company where you get access to the Net :) and wich you pay for the service :)

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

ah good, better :p

Yes we are thinking about that. My friend lost password and login for ISP control panel. he try to retrieve the infos , then we will see if we can find something on the ISP control panel for the internet box.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

sybrgreen wrote:Yes we are thinking about that. My friend lost password and login for ISP control panel. he try to retrieve the infos , then we will see if we can find something on the ISP control panel for the internet box.
Ahh, yes. Maybe the Box denies the port so there is the problem. Mostly you can open a single port, so that the box let it trough.
I press my thumbs, that you get this solved.

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

We opened the control panel Homepage. We dont absolutely understand what we must do , or where we must modify something... so we are fucked. Its in FRENCH, so i can"t give you screenshot or translate you all that complex language...
IM BORED/FUCKED , i cant play with game MP with my friend .... ......

Seriously its fucking shit that today we need to be computer crack to understand how to Modify settings of our "internet box" ... how the simple familly guy do that ? ! he is a crack too ? !... im bored

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

google the modem/router your friend uses.. see if other people have problems like this..

if you press windowskey+r you will get a run window, type in cmd and hit enter, now you have a command window.. type ipconfig and hit enter.. there is his ip informations..
IPv4 Address is his local machine IP

Maybe somehow that will help you out..

keep using google until you solve problem, im sure if he is having a problem someone else in the world had the same problem trying to play a game also.

sybrgreen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sybrgreen »

of course i think same, there is someone other in the world etc etc. . but i dont have the understanding keys of my problem, i dont even know what to type search , every post talk about DCP HCP Protocol routers etc, i understand nothing !!!!!!!!!

Well, anyway, thanks you all for your help, and sorry for my rage. Its 2 days we are trying all ways we can (with our limited brains)

I give up.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

sybrgreen wrote:... I give up.
Give it up only for today. Take a rest and try after a sleep again.
And maybe ask a friend wich is a pro. There are easy to use programs to remotly look on a computer. Maybe someone can help by looking on your computer.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

what is the model of modern/router your friend is using?
what is his internet service provider? (company he pays for the internet)

InflatableBeerTent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InflatableBeerTent »

I typically have the most luck with TeamViewer. TV is not really designed for this, but it does have a VPN Addon that you can install along with TV. The most I've had to do was disable the built-in Windows firewall. If you're getting access denied trying to disable your firewall, you're not an administrator. You're going to need additional help that's beyond the scope of getting a videogame to run.

TeamViewer's pretty easy to use, both of you should install the main program. You'll both get an ID, and a password. The person establishing the connection needs to ensure that VPN is selected, input their partner's ID, and it'll then prompt for a 4 digit password. (This pass changes every time.) TeamViewer will assign both people their own IP, so one person hosts, and the other person connects to the "partner IP" that TeamViewer provides them. I've only done this once with Factorio. A little choppy, wonky, but otherwise, it seemed to go fine.

It's primary obvious downside is that TV is for technical support with one person. So, your little pipe is just that, it's a 1-to-1 ticket. I haven't tried to connect to more than one person. Because of the nature of TV, Might not be the best move to use this program with someone you've never met. Teamviewer gives both partners a lot of access to eachother's PC's, so a lot of trust is needed. Playing with your brother, or best friend, however... I never had problems. :3

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Well the devs have implemented NAT punchtrough, and if your router has UpNp enabled, you should be able to play the game without a single knowledge of anything. Now if it doesn't, then here's the steps you need to do:

- Open your router/modem settings (typically 192.168.0.1)
- Login
- Go somewhere that says something about: Virtual Servers, Port Forward or similar
- Add a new "Rule" (or similar word)
- In the local ip, you should put your computer's IP address, in remote IP you should leave blank or put *, in local port you should put 34197, and the same on remote port. In protocol you should select Both or at least UDP.
- Now save the rule
- Now if your router has more than one device connected (like a wireless router that phones connect in as well), you need an additional step.
- Search in the menu of the router for, under the DHCP settings, Address Reservation (or similar)
- Now add a new "Rule"
- If your router lists all the devices connected to your network, choose your computer. If not, you probably need to fill two fields: IP Address and MAC Address.
- In the IP Address, you should put your computer address, and in MAC Address, you should put the adapter's MAC address
- Save the rule
- Reboot the modem/router

How to get the IP Address and MAC Address
1. Follow this tutorial: http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-MAC-Add ... r-Computer You can get your IPv4 and MAC over there.

2. Or try this one
- Open the Execute in windows (Windows Key+R)
- Type 'cmd' (without quotes) and press enter
- Type ipconfig
- Now search for the adapter you are using. This means that if you are connect through wifi, you should look under the name Wireless Lan Adapter (or similar). If you are using a blue cable, you should look for Ethernet Adapter.
- Search those until you find one that has a valid number in the IPv4 Address field. It should be something like 192.168.X.X (this will be your computer's IP address in the local network).
- To find the MAC Address, type in 'ipconfig /all' (without quotes), search for the same adapter you searched in the step above. Now, search for the "Physical Address" information (that is your MAC address)

With this, if you can't play the game, then the issue is somewhere else.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

First - don't be discouraged ! In the computer world there is always a way - we just need to find it.

It sounds like the problem is in your friends computer / network setup. maybe some setting is interrupting the connection like a firewall on the router (the box connecting his network and computer to the internet).

answer me this:

1. are you both in the same country ? - where is that ?
2. are you both in the same city ? - where is that ?
3. If you know - what kind of connection are you both using - cable or telephone line ?
4. are there any other services using the Internet connection like television or phone line ?
5. what is the make and model of your router (both of you) - please try to be precise so I can best help you

let's start with that and move on from there. I'm an IT expert and do this for a living. I'm surprised that the Hamachi way didn't work, but I'm sure if we work together, we can solve your connection issues.

One more thing - I think your friend should take part in this conversation ( if he can understand english)
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Multiplayer”