German "Nightmare" server issues

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

German "Nightmare" server issues

Post by Hiladdar »

Hi,

I saw that some of my mods were used on your server so I attempted to log in. There were several issues. First issue was the mod InfiniteInserterCapcity_Research -0.1.4. That mod is written for Factorio version 17. I was able to get around that issue by changing required version of Factorio to 0.18 or greater and that mod was able to load without any problem. The fix is to extract the zip file, put it into the mods directory. Keep the original zip file. Then open up info.json, and do the following changing

Code: Select all

"factorio_version": "0.17"
to

Code: Select all

"factorio_version": "0.18"
The second issue that I came across was an error saying that infinite research of braking-force is 9 or greater. This is a bit more complicated and I was able to trace it down to an incompatibility between my Hiladdar_Trains_0.18.2 mod and Electronic_Locomotives 0.3.8. Neither I nor the developer of the Electric Locomotives did anything wrong in how we wrote our mods.

Here is a bit more technical explanation of what is going on. The Electronic Locomotives mod adds 2 additional levels braking force, 8 and 9. My mod starts off with infinite research at level 8. Both mods build upon the same variable used within the base game used to increase braking force of trains.

Rather then pointing fingers, I can fix this issue on my end, by adding a new release of my train mod to check if Electronic Locomotives is installed, and if it is to start infinite breaking research at level 9 vs level 7. The only issue I can see is if mid game one of the mods is removed, or if mid game, with one of the mods present, and the second one is added.

My goal is for players to play and have fun, so I've updated Hiladdar's Trains to version 0.18.3 to accommodate Electronic Locomotives.

Hiladdar

Return to “Multiplayer”