Accessing Multiplayer

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Yuval12mesh21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Accessing Multiplayer

Post by Yuval12mesh21 »

So I have been playing Factorio for the past two weeks, and I am really progressed in the game. But, so is my friend. I wanted to play with him on Multiplayer. I even watched TeaSpoon's tutorial. But Teaspoon's tutorial is for a different version. I can't find the right place for Multiplayer. This is a bit annoying, because I have been waiting for a game as awesome as this to play with friends for a long time.

Added: So my problem is I can't find the right place to play Multiplayer, like the button to join/create etc. I feel a bit stupid for that, because I can't find a simple thing. Or in easier words, How do I get to the Multiplayer menu?

Hope you can help!
~Yuval
Last edited by Yuval12mesh21 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Accessing Multiplayer

Post by Nova »

To be honest, I have no idea what your question is. :)
What exactly is your problem?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Indeed, you could be a little more specific about what the problem is. :)

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Just a guess, but I suspect that you are not running the experimental version of factorio. There is currently no 'stable' multiplayer version.
When you start factorio, what is the version number show in the title? You need at least 0.11.x
You can also see the version number if you click on the 'about' button in the main menu.

If you don't have 0.11.something, go to the main menu->options->other. Put a X in the 'Enable Experimental Updates' box. Exit factorio and start it again. This should prompt you to update to the newest experimental version.

Then you can find multiplayer unde the main menu->play->multiplayer

Just ignore me if you already have the newest version! (0.11.8 I think)

Yuval12mesh21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yuval12mesh21 »

Thank you so much! I thought I had the latest update.

Return to “Multiplayer”