PvP scenario questions

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

PvP scenario questions

Post by JaminRoyale »

1. How would I go about map editing for PvP scenario. I would like to setup to teams with specific resource drops

2. The popup menu where many things can be changed is great. Is it possible to add more options? Specifically entity mining speeds?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: PvP scenario questions

Post by Klonan »

JaminRoyale wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:23 am
1. How would I go about map editing for PvP scenario. I would like to setup to teams with specific resource drops
Start a round, then switch to editor with `/editor`,
Then you can change all the map, save and play
JaminRoyale wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:23 am
2. The popup menu where many things can be changed is great. Is it possible to add more options? Specifically entity mining speeds?
It is not possible to add more options, but you can make suggestions and I can see if I can add them

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

Thanks Klonan

I think useful PvP settings would include: Miner Mining speed percentage, oil extraction speed percentage, water pump speed percentage, smelter speed percentage, machine crafting speed percentage, oil refining percentage

Basically any resource gathering or making.

I imagine a AoE style PvP match. Small maps would be 400x400 Medium 600x600 large 800x800. Each player would start with 1 of each ore patch and 3 electric mining tools. There would more ore dispersed between the two players for expansion. Last silo standing. No walls. Which means players could try rushing silo kills instead of doing mass research. I think .1 science packs research would work well for players being able to quickly improve their resources and weapon options.

I wonder to maybe a respawn timer setting??

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

JaminRoyale wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:51 pm
Thanks Klonan

I think useful PvP settings would include: Miner Mining speed percentage, oil extraction speed percentage, water pump speed percentage, smelter speed percentage, machine crafting speed percentage, oil refining percentage

Basically any resource gathering or making.

I imagine a AoE style PvP match. Small maps would be 400x400 Medium 600x600 large 800x800. Each player would start with 1 of each ore patch and 3 electric mining tools. There would more ore dispersed between the two players for expansion. Last silo standing. No walls. Which means players could try rushing silo kills instead of doing mass research. I think .1 science packs research would work well for players being able to quickly improve their resources and weapon options.

I wonder to maybe a respawn timer setting??
Unfortunately those things are controlled by the prototypes of the entities, not something that can be adjusted with a runtime setting.

You might be looking toward making a specific mod for the PvP, this will allow you to add, modify, or remove any and all elements of the game that would make PvP work better

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

I understand. I've begun my research and this is indeed what I was starting to think. Thank you.

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

Klonan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:21 am

It is not possible to add more options, but you can make suggestions and I can see if I can add them
I now see in the "Balance options" tab: Mining Productivity

This is perfect! Now for a suggestion: Smelting Productivity, Machine Crafting Productivity

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

I mean I guess technically I could just setup the scenario and the map, place initial miners and smelter for both teams and throw up some productivity beacons?

not even sure what that would equal out to but might be the easiest way of keep this vanilla.

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

force_modifiers =
{
furnace_productivity_bonus = 1000,

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

@Klonan

What about furnace speed rather than productivity?
Also, machine crafting speed?

Having multipliers for this would be godly.

Return to “Multiplayer”