Easy safe IRC in OGN

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Easy safe IRC in OGN

Post by HeilTec »

Easy safe IRC in OGN:

If you follow this simple step-by-step guide you will be able to join us on the irc.OnlineGamesNet.net
This will ensure the privacy of users having a fixed public IP by providing a free and safe IP-proxy.

To make it easy I have opened a channel #Factorio[MP-Lobby] if you like to try the OGN network.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Easy safe IRC in OGN

Post by Nova »

Why should someone do that?
And IPs are nothing which has to be "safe". Nearly everyone can get your IP adress.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Nova wrote:Why should someone do that?
And IPs are nothing which has to be "safe". Nearly everyone can get your IP adress.
Not on a safe connection to OGN - only those you give it to kan know it and the network operators.
It is safe!

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

What makes this any better than the official factorio irc, other than a little more ip protection.

If you want the official factorio irc, you can find the thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=3456
on the 3rd post there is a webster link for it.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:What makes this any better than the official factorio irc, other than a little more ip protection.

If you want the official factorio irc, you can find the thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=3456
on the 3rd post there is a webster link for it.
What makes the "official" bad?
The users are not playing - they are idling or talking about coding mods - interesting subject indeed, but not what you want if you just want to play the game!

Do you ever see any "official" users there ? Why is it "official" even?

Keyalha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Keyalha »

Its official because the channel is owned by the Devs and moderated by them.

And please stop beeing so agressive thats just plain rude, and keep your adverts to yourself thanks.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yeah, it may be safe, but the normal IRC is safe, too, because the IP doesn't get you anything.

There's one real advantage: Your IP is private. Yeah, well... OnlineGamesNet will still know who you are and can sell your data.

If you want to play with people, you have to get people to the official IRC. Your IRC channels has no advantage in this regards.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

HeilTec wrote: The users are not playing - they are idling or talking about coding mods - interesting subject indeed, but not what you want if you just want to play the game!

I'm always idle in the factorio IRC, i may not respond, but i read the chat still because its on my 2nd monitor.
And i see a lot of people asking for games, just 10 minutes ago someone messaged this: http://puu.sh/dzXHX/4f52d41564.png "anyone trying to start a mp for a little bit?"

All you have to do, is send the message, It doesn't hurt but i will say it doesn't work all the time and sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes for an idler to prepare, or finally see the message.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Return to “Multiplayer”