Factorio Hydra Competition!

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
azurelinctus
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio Hydra Competition!

Post by azurelinctus »

Hello all,

Just letting everyone know that Hydra is holding a competition for Factorio Vanilla.

The full details will be announced tomorrow at my time of about 2pm Australia EST (UTC +10), the competition wont start till the end of next week (time to be determined) so you have until then to check back on this thread for the full details.
Basics are that there will be 2 categories, single player and multi player (2-4 players) both of which will have a separate seed that we will require entrants to play on, each categories may have different/a set of sub categories/requirments to win a final prize (I know that may read a bit confusing but it won't tomorrow).

We would require all applicants to have Evolve https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome and join up to the Factorio[Hydra] group https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/factoriohydra as the seed for both categories will be announced there, the final prize would be Steam gifts so a Steam account would be required. The save file of each applicant would have to be uploaded somewhere to be accessible by the judges and the final save must be saved in the spawn location (if your off by a bit don't stress :)) A screen shot of the final save in the spawn location and a screen shot of the map would also be required to be posted in your post along with the link to your final save. All other details will be announced tomorrow but at least by knowing some of the requirements, anyone reading this and wanting to enter can set themselves up for things they need to, to be a qualified entrant.

Any entrants would have to post here in this thread their intention to compete and in which category, if you and others are going to collaborate in the multi player category each member of that team must post here stating who is in their team eg/ Team Gleam(dumb team name :P) member A posts that he is in team Gleam and has members B, C & D in his team, member B posts he has member A, C & D in his team, you will all be required to have a save uploaded not just one and each in the spawn location we need to know that you are all in on it agreeing to compete and have played the map together, there will be ways around this I know but I can't make rules for rule breakers :(, so for multi player its best to form a group from players you have already worked well with, play at the same time and have good latency with, if you haven't got anyone yet to collaborate with and want to compete in the multi player category, get on Evolve! :)

If anyone of the Factorio Team want to get in on the competition or support it would be welcome, I hope too that I'm not breaking any rules as competitions in forums are usually allowed and I did check to see if there are any rules I could be breaking but didn't find any.

Any and all questions will be answered tomorrow after the full details are given, not before :) Seeya all!

Jythier
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio Hydra Competition!

Post by Jythier »

Even if you can't have prizes, I can't imagine that we can't share a map seed and see how well we all do with it. :D

Good luck with the organization of this tournament - I used to run tournaments for new games and it's often a pain in the butt, especially with games like this that get updated so often. :)

azurelinctus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by azurelinctus »

Thanks for the uh, constructive comment? We can share the seed, the judges find a map suitable and then find the seed code for it, simple.

Jythier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jythier »

I was going for encouraging. :P

Return to “Multiplayer”