Can't connect for MP

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Chunderfull
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't connect for MP

Post by Chunderfull »

Hey guys. I'm loving this game. Just picked it up. Trying to play with a friend but we can't seem to get him to connect to me.

I know all about port forwarding and do it regularly for games. Never really have a problem with it.

I've seen a few people other places that say they have a similar problem, but no solution.

I realize the multiplayer just came out, so I guess maybe I'll just have to wait and see if someone comes up with something.

We are both running Windows 8.1 and are using the 0.11.1 release of the game.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be eternally grateful.

szametu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Can't connect for MP

Post by szametu »

turn firewall off. reboot pc and try it again

Chunderfull
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chunderfull »

Firewall is off. Tried reboots and reinstalls already. Nothing helps.

kosmonaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kosmonaut »

Just wanted to say that I'm getting the same issues. I've used canyouseeme.org to check to see if the default port that's setup to portforward TCP/UDP are open while running the "listen" server, BUT the site tells me that there is nothing there. My firewall is down and I have UPnP on in my router settings. Ive tried different ports, but they all fail. It's like the listen server isn't actually on or broadcasting.

Chunderfull
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chunderfull »

Fairly certain that site just doesn't work. I host games on a number of different ports, and it tells me it can't see me through any of them. I can host a different game now, shut down the game and use that site. It still tells me the port isn't open. I don't think it has anything to do with what we are experiencing.

kosmonaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kosmonaut »

I'm fairly certain that it does. I've run the netstat -o command in command prompt to see what ports are active and viola. No ports are in use as said site has stated. I've used said site to make sure other servers of mine were visible such as minecraft and quake.

rayboyp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rayboyp »

My friend and I recently had a similar problem. To fix it we had to BOTH have our firewalls allow factorio through. I hope this helps you

Return to “Multiplayer”