Looking for a EU based multiplayer game

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
dunpealhunter
Inserter
Inserter

Looking for a EU based multiplayer game

Post by dunpealhunter »

Hello! I am looking for EU based people to play some multiplayer factorio with. I tried connecting to a US game, but the latency was so high that it didnt work. So, anyone preferably from the Netherlands available to play?

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Looking for a EU based multiplayer game

Post by Kirk »

Ya me too.

GeneralZero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GeneralZero »

dunpealhunter wrote:Hello! I am looking for EU based people to play some multiplayer factorio with. I tried connecting to a US game, but the latency was so high that it didnt work. So, anyone preferably from the Netherlands available to play?
YEP, i can, add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mirecek?l=czech

dunpealhunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dunpealhunter »

I set up an Hamachi server with max 5 people (including myself). If you need hamachi installed, go to https://secure.logmein.com/UK/products/ ... nload.aspx and download the Unmanaged version. Install it, make an account on hamachi if you don't have one and activate the connection once logged in.
Than go to networks in the menu, click on make connection to existing network and and at network-ID fill in: Factorio multiplayer Password is: factorio
Once you are logged in you should get a welcome message that says what server ip you need to join inside factorio to play.
I am looking forward to seeing you guys in-game! Ill keep the server up for at least 2 hours from now (16:00 - 18:00 1-11-2014) depending on how many people stay and play the server might stay online longer. Hamachi will keep running even if i am offline.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Why do so many people think they need Hamachi or Evolve? I can't believe nobody has access to their router. o_O
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Spoderman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spoderman »

Nova wrote:Why do so many people think they need Hamachi or Evolve? I can't believe nobody has access to their router. o_O
Same, i really want an EU server to play in, but i don't get why people want to use hamachi, just port foward your router.
If anyone has a server, hit me up :P

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Nova wrote:Why do so many people think they need Hamachi or Evolve? I can't believe nobody has access to their router. o_O
Not all users have the time to dig into the technicalities of making connections both ingame and VOIP.
I like what I see in the Evolve client features.
It may not be needed, but it makes things a lot easier.

(My ISP has good [10/10] speed, but no access to "the box". All I have on my end is a simple switch (not a hub nor a router.)
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

nicman23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nicman23 »

so erm Spoderman i was gonna pm you but my post count is too low :P. if you want or anyone else does, add me in steam name is nicmam24

Return to “Multiplayer”