Factorio MP

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio MP

Post by Darklaser »

Hello first I wanna know some fact about how MP works. Can I make a serwer when anybody can join everytime? If it is possible if there is nobody online will monsters attack? Do I have to pay for it? And finally would someone like to play MP with me? ^^ oh! and of course how do mods and blueprint work. Thanks everybody to attention. Contact PV. (Hope for some Polish ;) )

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio MP

Post by nuhll »

Darklaser wrote:Hello first I wanna know some fact about how MP works. Can I make a serwer when anybody can join everytime? If it is possible if there is nobody online will monsters attack? Do I have to pay for it? And finally would someone like to play MP with me? ^^ oh! and of course how do mods and blueprint work. Thanks everybody to attention. Contact PV. (Hope for some Polish ;) )
1. yes
2. yes (can be disabled)
3. no
4. I, no.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Darklaser wrote:Hello first I wanna know some fact about how MP works. Can I make a serwer when anybody can join everytime? If it is possible if there is nobody online will monsters attack? Do I have to pay for it? And finally would someone like to play MP with me? ^^ oh! and of course how do mods and blueprint work. Thanks everybody to attention. Contact PV. (Hope for some Polish ;) )
1. Yes
2. Yes, but by default if no one is connected to the server it is paused
3. You either have to pay for it or leave your computer constantly on running it (or find another way to get a free server)
4. Not personally
5. Everyone has to have the same mods, or else they cannot connect
6. There is a shared blueprint library

5 & 6 might change in 0.17 - there are probably plans for you to be able to sync your mods with the server (a less manual way, although you will still have to have the same mods) similar to the sync mods to save feature available currently, and the blueprint library and GUI are being redesigned in 0.17.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darklaser »

Thanks for help. This informations will help me! :D

Return to “Multiplayer”