July I-craft.de MMO Event - Achievement Run

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

July I-craft.de MMO Event - Achievement Run

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Just a reminder that the JulyI-craft.de MMO Event begins tomorrow (Saturday) at 13:00 UTC.

This month we are doing a (vanilla) achievement run focussing on the Steam All The Way and Raining Bullets achievements. We will try to facilitate the gaining of as many achievements as possible during the 8 hours the event will be live, but those two will be the focus. More info at Discord https://discord.gg/RPhhXDk

This links to the event's countdown timer.........
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... erif&csz=1
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: July I-craft.de MMO Event - Achievement Run

Post by zOldBulldog »

Hello, zavian mentioned you do achievement events and pointed me to your thread.

Are there any plans to do a Spoon event? If yes, what would be the best way to find out when it gets scheduled?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

zOldBulldog wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:16 am
Hello, zavian mentioned you do achievement events and pointed me to your thread.

Are there any plans to do a Spoon event? If yes, what would be the best way to find out when it gets scheduled?
They did that a couple months back - I'm not sure if there are any plans to do it again.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:16 pm

They did that a couple months back - I'm not sure if there are any plans to do it again.
Understood. What I'm wondering is "how to find out" if they (or anybody else) do. Maybe there is thread to subscribe to, or some forum to monitor, or "some other way" to be aware in advance of what they are planning. That way if one ever happens I'd be able to jump on it.

Heck, to get Spoon done... it doesn't even matter where it happens. I'll setup an alarm if it is the middle of the night, or even take a vacation day if it happens during a workday. I really want to get this one done. Yes, I am a completionist... and the speed achievements are really irritating me since I know I won't achieve them on my own.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Understood. What I'm wondering is "how to find out" if they (or anybody else) do. Maybe there is thread to subscribe to, or some forum to monitor, or "some other way" to be aware in advance of what they are planning. That way if one ever happens I'd be able to jump on it.

Heck, to get Spoon done... it doesn't even matter where it happens. I'll setup an alarm if it is the middle of the night, or even take a vacation day if it happens during a workday. I really want to get this one done. Yes, I am a completionist... and the speed achievements are really irritating me since I know I won't achieve them on my own.
They have a discord where you should be able to find out fairly easily, I'll see if I can get you a link.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:23 pm

They have a discord where you should be able to find out fairly easily, I'll see if I can get you a link.
I think i-craft.de might have shutdown. I found a link (https://www.i-craft.de/en/) but the page does not load, and then I found this article that seems to indicate they shutdown on Aug 3 (https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ting_down/).

But I just got KoS' discord link. Maybe she does this kind of runs sometimes, and worst case scenario her stuff is always intersting.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm

I think i-craft.de might have shutdown. I found a link (https://www.i-craft.de/en/) but the page does not load, and then I found this article that seems to indicate they shutdown on Aug 3 (https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ting_down/).

But I just got KoS' discord link. Maybe she does this kind of runs sometimes, and worst case scenario her stuff is always intersting.
Ah, here's ChurchOrganist's discord: https://discord.gg/RPhhXDk
It looks like it's gotten much less active in the last few months, though, and i-craft has shut down, so I'm not sure how much luck you'll have.

I'm no expert, but if you want I could try to do a no spoon run with you sometime - although I have no idea if we'd make it, as I only got mine through a fairly large multiplayer event, but with two of us it might be possible - spoon is 8 hours, the singleplayer world record is somewhere between 2 and 4 hours, and there are two of us, who both have significant experience with Factorio - easy, right :P.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

ChurchOrganist's discord is linked in the first post of this thread.
I'm not sure whether icraft is still running, I heard something about them shutting down, but i haven't played multiplayer Factorio for months so I'm not current on their status.

Probably better to continue this in zOldBulldog's thread viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62048. There is also viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50933.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 pm
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Ah, here's ChurchOrganist's discord: https://discord.gg/RPhhXDk
It looks like it's gotten much less active in the last few months, though, and i-craft has shut down, so I'm not sure how much luck you'll have.

I'm no expert, but if you want I could try to do a no spoon run with you sometime - although I have no idea if we'd make it, as I only got mine through a fairly large multiplayer event, but with two of us it might be possible - spoon is 8 hours, the singleplayer world record is somewhere between 2 and 4 hours, and there are two of us, who both have significant experience with Factorio - easy, right :P.
That should be fun, even if we didn't make it. We could plan strategy and the like in advance, then do the run on a good day/time (best if a Saturday/Sunday).

And let's move the conversation to this thread... we'll be more on topic and even might pick up a few additional players.
I'll copy this last post over there.
Zavian wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Probably better to continue this in zOldBulldog's thread viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62048.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Zavian wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm

ChurchOrganist's discord is linked in the first post of this thread.
I'm not sure whether icraft is still running, I heard something about them shutting down, but i haven't played multiplayer Factorio for months so I'm not current on their status.

Probably better to continue this in zOldBulldog's thread viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62048.

Return to β€œMultiplayer”