Multiplayer with separate research

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
alextrueman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer with separate research

Post by alextrueman »

Hello! How can i start playing so everyone has separate researches? The game should be exactly the same as when creating a new game from the main menu. In pvp scenarios, the game is played through a system of rounds, i do not want this.
Does anyone have such scenario?

Kazyn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Multiplayer with separate research

Post by Kazyn »

From what I understand, research progress between players is separated by forces. Pulled straight from the wiki, we see the following:

https://wiki.factorio.com/Multiplayer
"Each created force has its own research progression and different forces may attack each other."

The caveat there is forces will attack each other. I don't know if there's a way for some forces to ally with each other or not if that's what you're after. Finally, say they could ally, would their technologies sync?

But if PvP is what you're after, then that's the simplest solution.

"Forces can be manually created via the console. This allows any map/scenario to be used for PvP. This may not be as convenient as a pre-made PvP scenario, as there will be no way for players to turn on/off cease fires other than through the console."

Looks like a cease fire function DOES exist, which suggests technology won't be shared.

Return to “Multiplayer”