I need some help

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
kyletheinilater
Inserter
Inserter

I need some help

Post by kyletheinilater »

How do i set up a multiplayer factorio game so that me and maybe 1-2 others can play on it? I need to know so me and friend can play together.
If you could please give me a step by step detailed explanation. It would be greatly appreciated.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I need some help

Post by Kayanor »

The player with the best computer (and internet connection) hosts the game.
To host the game in the Main Menu click "Play" > "Multiplayer" > "Load Game" or "New Game".

For the visibility option I'd recommend setting it to public, else you'd have to exchange your IP addresses. Additionally you can set a password and set the max. player count. The autosave interval I'm used to is 20 minutes. This might not help if the game crashes or desyncs but it'll reduce the annoyance made by the autosave freeze.
If you want to you can set the autosave to only save on the server. If you uncheck this box, the game will be saved on all connected clients (and the server itself).
The last option to verify user's identity is recommended for secure playing, everyone needs a bought copy Factorio. But I guess everyone has one. ;)

Once the server is created the other players simply click on "Browse Public Games" in the Multiplayer Menu and search for the game's name set previously.
If you're ask to enter a password, enter the game's password.

Keep in mind that you need to log into your factorio.com account from within the game first in order to browse public games. Also everyone needs to have all the game's mods installed, if you are playing with mods.
Former moderator.

Return to “Multiplayer”