Thoughts on PvP

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
ChoMar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thoughts on PvP

Post by ChoMar »

We are currently planning to set up an additional PvP-Server.
The problem is defining Rules. Id really like to get some Input.

Where do we get a Map?
Will it be a Team server or a Free for All (Probably Team)
What about Nukes? In my eyes, theyre too powerfull, because they can basically obliterate a big defense in one shot, they one-shot players and the next shot can already take out vital parts of the Infrastructure. So, whoever manages to get nukes, pack 5 and reach the enemy base basically wins.

We are planning on only activating the Server for about 4 Hours a day to give everyone a chance (we arent that big of a group) so the "offline-protection" issue should be dealt with.

Any further ideas?
Mytronix Entertainment

Robot721
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Thoughts on PvP

Post by Robot721 »

Talk to the 3Ra people, they were pretty experienced with running PVP on .14. Very good times...

As for nukes, I'd say leave them. 0.15 made research quite a bit more complicated, and there's a lot to do to get those science packs up and running, let alone 5k of each, and let alone on a PVP map. Nothing would be more satisfying than ending a long-running game with nukes going off. :mrgreen:

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Thoughts on PvP

Post by n7m6e7 »

I would agree team-based and Round-based would be the best.

Factorio is one of those games with exponential growth. The strong get stronger, and after an hour or so of playing, people just joining are cannon fodder. They have absolutely no chance, fair or otherwise. So its just not fun unless everyone starts at the same point, same time.

As for teams. I think free-for-alls can work as well, and defeating an enemy will let you take over whatever hasnt been destroyed. A much different feel than teamwork and a defined enemy.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

Return to “Multiplayer”