Looking to work under somebody

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
terraflare
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Looking to work under somebody

Post by terraflare »

Yes, you read it right. I am currently looking for someone that I can work under. Note that this is not coop, most likely I will learn from you and not the other way round. Not because I will not teach you anything, but because I am Jon Snow (I know nothing)

So here goes my resumee

Requirement (yes, I decide the requirement :lol: ) :
- Experienced with megabases, able to construct one with ease
- Wanted a fresh start
- Only 2 people, not more
- Progression may not be one sided (A & B work together, everytime the game goes on)

Game preferences: (this is not required, but I would prefer this way)
- No enemy (and pollution)
- RSO mod
- Sandbox mode
- Abundant or infinite resources
- No factorissimo mod

What I offer:
- Measly building placements, from megabases, landfill, rail placements, belt placements, walls. turrets
- Will not tamper with the way you place your buildings or your plan for the megabase (hey, you're the boss right?)
- If you want to expand, I can place the drills, refineries, pumpjacks, and furnaces for you beforehand.

What I lack knowledge of:
- Rail signals (and chain signals), my train always crashes or gridlocks everytime I makes more of them running in the same tracks or intersection)
- Circuitry and combinators. I can only do the "stop inserting when X is <conditional> than / to amount"
- Ratio of everything (e.g. 200 hours in the game and I just knew the 3 copper wire and 2 green circuits ratio)

About me (factorio wise):
- GMT+7
- Spoken language: Indonesian, English
- "working" begins at 5:30-6:00 pm
- "working" ends at 11:00-12:00 pm
- "working" days around 4 days per week, random days
- "working" may get halted because gf aggro
- at saturday may work beyond 12 pm
- at sunday woring hour is not determined

Please post your best base and you will get a chance to win a loyal servant. A little bit about yourself will do. Am looking forward to some amazing people here in this forum.
*P.S. I am "working" until an undetermined days, and I do not support polygamy, I will only pick a partner and close the chances for others.

STATUS (will update this thread everytime I get a partner, or leave, or get left behind by one)
- OPEN (as of May 8th 2017, 10:24 AM GMT+7)
I am looking to work under somebody, read about it more here:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=46904

FLTgaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Looking to work under somebody

Post by FLTgaming »

Hey man I play with RSO not much yet in too 0.15 I can't do combernaters but would like to get better I can do traens parsebly .
I am only 15 so might not want to play lol. I hate biters too. I don't like to play for more than 1-2 houers I mostly play erly in the morning uk ones I meen 7-8:30 am. not much meger base but with moer than one person we can buld farst :)
I don't no how to get a photo on here sorry

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

I have got a really shmick idea. Not saying I'm hiring just yet (mostly because I don't have the resources to set up a server, my system is very weak and therefore highly prone to multiplayer desync, if you can put up the server and reduce the standard UPS rate it may be doable.) The idea is that the ground team currently has four members in it and will likely gain more if Columba can hack together more landing craft ...but I'm the only player in the game. In Muddy Mountains I'm currently writing in four different characters (it'll probably go up as it is likely that Columba's command officers get more involved.)

There are a few gameplay challenges though, affecting me already, that would probably be rather tough to coordinate in a multiplayer situation:

1. Automation is not miraculous, and machines require a lot of remote input from Columba's crew to function properly. The factory doesn't run on its own, but is operated by Columba's "wakers" (people who aren't in cryosleep). This is a consraint that hasn't been modded in. It'll get more relaxed as the game progresses.

2. Gameplay and writing the story must be somewhat coordinated. Currently I'm writing as I play, flipping over to the story file to write log entries when I see an autosave or when a research is finished (while I'm doing that the game is paused.) With a helper, I'm not quite sure how this would work. Under some circumstances, we'd probably need to be in the game at the same time, while in others, it may be inappropriate (i.e. some characters are sleeping or injured.) If I remain the only one actually writing the story, I'd need enough information on what you're doing to write the story. The most likely scenario is that I'd be out expanding the territory while you're building factory.

3. I think the mod pack is almost the exact opposite of what you're looking for :lol: I do have everything on very low frequency, making resources somewhat distant. They are plentiful but not infinite (well, not yet; SJT Dirty Ores trace phase might switch patches to infinite but I haven't tested this yet.) They're also covered in sediment making them hard to get access to. It gets worse from there: The bugs are cranked up (I have Bob's Enemies installed, but we're also much better armed despite the starship's name Columba with Bob's Warfare, Additional Turrets, and Ion Cannons), there's No Hand Crafting and No Hand Mining. Hard Crafting, Hard Storage, and SJT-Dirty Ores are pretty sadistic together. In vanilla, you can slap a burner drill against a furnace no problem. In Muddy Mountains, a burner drill on iron produces iron ore, gravel, dirt ("mud" IC), and nuggets, and the wooden chest has only two slots. At the beginning of the game (and I'm still there), I need at least an iron chest to collect the mining machine output and then have to put them into the furnace manually until I develop the alloy furnace (Bob's Plates). Once auomated, the ore processing back end is going to have lots and lots of filter inserters. End game ore processing is going to be fantastic: mixed ores with up to 12 components (that's twelve different kinds of items coming out on the mine's belt) need to be filtered, with clean ones going to a Hard Crafting back end (crushers and pulverizers), contaminated ores going to a SJT back end (separators and clarifiers) before going to the Hard Craftng back end, and the whole spectrum of Bob's Ores primaries, most of which are currently in enemy territory. Factorissimo is in the pack, but I'm planning on using it for more decorative or "civilian" use rather than factory production.

4. I've enabled Pollution Damage. That was a bit more than twiddling something in the difficulty settings (even in 0.15). I'm guessing I just got the finger :D

And I guess I should mask this next part in case you're interested in reading the story but not participating in it:
Columba is broken too badly to return to Earth and a new starship will be built. That's the Space Extension mod predictably enough. Once the space age begins, the first priority will be getting supplies up to Columba to patch her up well enough for a proper evacuation. The second phase is waking and evacuating Columba's survivors to Dim Kismet. The third phase is building the new starship to send a crew to Earth and reestablish contact. That's the plan though, I do have a plot twist in mind.
That's going to need a megabase for sure, especially with Science Cost Tweaker in the pack.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

GMT +7 Where do you live?

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

GMT-6 That probably means latency would be an issue as well. I think the Pacific is the pond between us, lol.

Return to “Multiplayer”