Would like some advice on a MP setup.

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

Would like some advice on a MP setup.

Post by Taurondir »

So what happened was, I got Factorio. Then a mate saw me playing it on Steam and got Factorio. Then a mate came over my house and I was playing it, so he got Factorio.

The problem for multiplayer I have is that all three of us have HUGE differences in our available play times. I could play non stop if I wished, and another has totally random times because of his job.
What I wanted to do was set up a headless server, dump a decent mix of mods that increase complexity by a decent amount so that more micromanagement is required, with a sprinkle of mods to add some extra depth.
The idea is to set up a "lazy world" that can be messed with at totally random times, just to "see what happens" as the factory develops.
NOTE: It might mean playing on Peaceful otherwise if we all don't play for a full day, we could come back to smoking ruins.

I'm a very new hand at Factorio, so I don't know the inner working of many Mods, so I thought I'd ask other Factorians to see if they have any suggestions they would like give me on what they think would make a fun setup to play in.

What I've thought of so far:

Parameters:
--------------
* It will played by 3 people (5 at most as I'm trying to convince 2 more friends).
* Game *might* go running 12+ hours without anyone logging in.

Mod Ideas so far:
--------------------
Bobs/Angels/AnonyMod - for ores and recipies, as it would make players spread out more, and create much more complex setups.
Useful Map Colors - help with other players figuring out the layouts.
Bottleneck - spot problems easier when you are looking at other people's work.
Foreman - for sharing useful BluePrints around.
Pavement Drive Assist - love this for multiplayer as one person can lay roads so the others don't have to and it helps everyone.
Long Reach/Pickup - take some stress out of building, maybe even a Mod to increase carrying capacity or belt size (ie BigBags)
StickyNotes - So we can figure out what someone was working on, or plans on doing.

World Idea:
-------------
* Ribbon World for the lol's
* Start a map with a fixed X-Y size (10000x10000?) , then edit the edges and make it a island.

quantum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Would like some advice on a MP setup.

Post by quantum »

Taurondir wrote: NOTE: It might mean playing on Peaceful otherwise if we all don't play for a full day, we could come back to smoking ruins.
The server/game pauses when no one is online.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

playing on peacefull might ruin the game fun but you can still change it later with a command

and my mod suggestion is . just play all. they are fun!

get the server runnning !

Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Taurondir »

quantum wrote:
Taurondir wrote: NOTE: It might mean playing on Peaceful otherwise if we all don't play for a full day, we could come back to smoking ruins.
The server/game pauses when no one is online.
Well, silly me. I did not know that.

Return to “Multiplayer”