What do you expect in "Coop" multiplayer?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
JCav
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What do you expect in "Coop" multiplayer?

Post by JCav »

I raise this question because the only experience I have thus far with Factorio cooperatively is with a real-life friend.

But if you don't know someone ahead of time, what do you expect from them in the game?

Do they have to be able to "win" quickly?
Is it ok if they take a while to finish projects because they're trying to figure out a fancy solution to things?
Are they there to build your projects with you, or their own projects?

What makes someone "good" to play with?

JCav
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: What do you expect in "Coop" multiplayer?

Post by JCav »

Disappointing that in trying to prepare myself for expectations in coop, nobody has the time of day to answer questions as to what those expectations might be.

Yet people continue to post that they want a coop partner. How do you expect someone to respond to those posts if they don't know what level of knowledge or gameplay will be desired?

:(

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

there posts like these here every time, i am sorry to read them
but there is still our service for guys like you are.

We always watch out for new players try to build stuff together and help the small community to grow toghether
get on teamspeak factorio2.i-craft.de and stay there there will be 14 players playing the game with you dont fear asking them.

to get a server running you can get a free on our website
and chat with logged players in the chatroom.

http://factorio2.i-craft.de

We are Searching for Players everytime!

The_Dark_Nate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Dark_Nate »

I'm also clueless to this.

So far my experience of multiplayer is that there are 3 types of people :-

- "This server is for me and my friends" <kicked>
- "OMG NO! You are doing it wrong! 3 copper wire assembly to 2 green chips for the inserter, underground belt must go the third tile down" (must be OMG perfect)
- Me: "Hello".... Me: "Hi there?"... Me: "Hellooooo? i can see you building..? hello?"

I dont play regularly, maybe once or twice a week, but if i could find someone to play multiplayer with, it would be someone who cared about "future proofing" but isnt OCD about the entire thing.. and actually communicates.

Also, IMO, the host should tell the clients what the goal is, or where to work on etc.

Hugi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hugi »

My experience in public multiplayer was quite nice.
I found a guy playing in public mode with just a few hours of play on a new map, I join, understand the current factory, help improve production and play night long.
Then I got the map and hosted it on my dedicated server 24/7 . Random peoples would join for a bit of chat or play "how can I help ?" "Can I use X for my base ?".
Sometimes I would join in the morning and see completly new part of the base (one time a guy covered half a lake in solars pannels). Sometimes the base was half destroyed.

Just find something that can be improved (there is always one: metal, oil, cpu, power... basic factorio stuff) and add a production line, or do some maintenance (repair, expand logistic network, kill some aliens).
Feel free to correct me !

warman1324
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warman1324 »

i will play with you i honestly expect us to either work on the same thing or to give each other tasks such as ill get more oil and you get such and such automated

Return to “Multiplayer”