Unofficial Factorio Troll/Griefer Database

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Unofficial Factorio Troll/Griefer Database

Post by Overene »

The purpose of this thread
The intention of this thread is to create an unofficial database of known factorio trolls and griefers, so other players can avoid and/or ban them before they get to do harm.

UPDATE 6/1/18: updated list, reworked parts of thread, and fixed syntax errors in the JSON file

[Added by Koub] : This list is purely unofficial. It is run by a player with updates from the part of the community that's active on this forum. It is not endorsed by Wube software.

Please be advised that this list is purely player-run, and as such, mistakes may happen. If you feel that you were placed onto this list wrongly, please contact me or reply to this post.

I will be unable to add anyone to this list without either a screenshot or a log. If you were griefed but forgot/weren't able to take a screenshot in time, please post to this thread with a log file attached.

If possible, please also supply the IP of the person in question so I can add to the JSON banlist file.

Alternatively, other you are welcome to provide your own banlists on this thread for others to use.

Before reporting someone, open the spoiler below and use CTRL-F to clarify that the user is not already on the list.

Confirmed Trolls and Griefers
Confirmed Trolls and Griefers
banlist.json
Last edited by Overene on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio Troll and Griefer Database (FTGD)

Post by Koub »

I added something important to your post : it's an unofficial list. and if should be understood by all when reading your post.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unofficial Factorio Troll and Griefer Database (FTGD)

Post by Bisa »

Without the ability to ban someone before they actually connect to your server I can only say that I like this idea - to bad it's of minimal use.

That said, as soon as we get the ability to ban players before they join the server this is going to be really useful. I'm even thinking of a shared git-repo or some kind of web service with which to register complaints and appealing bans - community driven of course.
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Bans list

Post by supernet2 »

If this isn't condoned please inbox me personally (@Factorio.com staff/moderators), as i failed to find in the TOS where it said it was against the rules on this sort of post. Otherwise please merge with the correct thread if i posted it in the wrong area.

List of player names on VERIFIED servers (Servers with verify username @factorio.com) doing intentional damage to destabilize, or alienate server/player community, as well as looking to grief and destroy player work, or cause player cohesion on server(s)

Given on steam.com their TOS is against "Name" shamming, i wasn't aware or able to find hints that factorio.com forum condones shamming the griefers. For this reason alone i will be publicly screenshotting, live video streaming server feeds of grief instances.

Username --> ruttydm --> Griefing, Dismantling everything intentionally to harass/hassle players on server

Edit

Ban Revoked, User under watch though* Username --> Paxa --> Griefing, dismantling everything intentionally solely to disrupt server/player activities. Undermining admin authority.
Attachments
Paxa Banned
Paxa Banned
Griefer Names.PNG (19.07 KiB) Viewed 38336 times
ruttydm
ruttydm
Griefer_ruttydm.PNG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 38346 times
Last edited by supernet2 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topics merged

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

@Koub
Thanks for the adjustment, hadn't really thought it out as i tried posting it 9x rethinking it out, and your board kept rejecting the post (it kept deleting, or just forcing me to relogin even though im auto logged in)

This posts only intention is solely/strictly to be used while we wait on a better implementation of anti grief/banning tools for the community. Thanks for corrections/fixing it up.

Adjustment to this list

Edit:

username --> joshuagaming --> Advertising, looking to run commands despite warnings
username --> strahan --> Griefing server, repetitively advertising on server after griefing server they are present in
Attachments
Griefer Names_1.PNG
Griefer Names_1.PNG (195.2 KiB) Viewed 38335 times

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: List of Grievers

Post by British_Petroleum »

sigh.... I don't understand why anyone would do this :/ at least on minecraft servers grieving kind of made sense because you can steal things to use yourself, but it's not like this guy can take those buildings back to his own factory

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: List of Grievers

Post by keyboardhack »

mophydeen wrote:
  • Jaydee77472: Destroyed most of our buildings (20160812)
This post is kinda pointless without proof. What prevents me from posting this:
  • mophydeen: Destroyed most of our buildings (23120812)
Which would potentially ban you from servers without you having done anything.
Last edited by keyboardhack on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waste of bytes : P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged with the previous list.

soaxi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soaxi »

Jaydee77472: Destroyed most of our buildings (20160907)

the griefer uses grenade to destory our base..

Varonimus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Varonimus »

I can confirm: Jaydee77472 destroyed our base

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

From viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13604&start=410#p202530
antanis317 wrote:So Jellyjj Should be banned. he came on the server and griefed the entire base. it needs to be rolled back to this morning and blacklist him.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

Varonimus wrote:I can confirm: Jaydee77472 destroyed our base
Interesting. This could very well be a coincidence though but I find it sort of suspicious that both accounts that reported jaydee posted several minutes after creation and shortly after eachother

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

Ratzap wrote:From viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13604&start=410#p202530
antanis317 wrote:So Jellyjj Should be banned. he came on the server and griefed the entire base. it needs to be rolled back to this morning and blacklist him.
Added to the suspected trolls/griefers list

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

I've not been modding for quite a while now, but it seems to me like an auto-ban tool should be possible within the current system.

Anyone know a reason why a script couldn't monitor the factorio-current.log for joins, check the username against a list, send a command to ban?

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

starholme wrote:I've not been modding for quite a while now, but it seems to me like an auto-ban tool should be possible within the current system.

Anyone know a reason why a script couldn't monitor the factorio-current.log for joins, check the username against a list, send a command to ban?
with the introduced "banlist.json" (or whatever the file was called) and the addition of being able to ban players who are not in game or has never visited the server - all you need to do is keep the banlist file up-to-date

(side note, one could even go so far as to maintain a banlist.json on github and allow those of interest to clone it)
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Host it in the Public folder of your DropBox and just download it, add a list of "manual bans" and plug it in.

Go further, have a mod that collects feedback on players and automatically generates a ban list based on recent activity.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

Overene wrote:Safe Players
If you notice someone who has shown no interesting in griefing and can be considered trustworthy, put there usernames here. Please don't nominate yourself for this list.
Safe Players
On the one hand, I could enumerate all players I've played with so far, which is a bunch, and put them on the safe list. But who knows whether they might get in a bad mood and not destroy something some time? So from that perspective, it'd be a lot of work to add everyone to this list (especially considering you don't want people making random accounts to promote themselves) and it might not even be worth it.

On the other hand, someone might falsely report something, and for that it would be good to have a record of players who were nice another time. That way it's harder for any individual to get another person on the naughty list.

If we do decide to start filling the Safe Players list, I have three names of people whom I played with tonight: Yokhen, destijah and CRSLSam. There were more but I don't remember all the names, or they weren't around for long enough to qualify. It was CRSLSam's server though, I'm not sure if that should disqualify him/her from getting on the safe list for this particular instance, since it makes no sense to grief your own server.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

it is an interesting thing we could imagine in our server list
can you contact me about any further dev?

to ban players and have server a little bit saver.

factorio.i-craft.de | Nolive Thats me

Return to “Multiplayer”