Multiplayer in Campaign mode

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
laur_lng
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer in Campaign mode

Post by laur_lng »

Hello, I noticed it is not possible to play multiplayer in Campaign mode. I have done the following: I played campaign on single player, I saved the gameplay, then I started a new multiplayer game and loaded the save game from the campaign and it worked for me, but no other player could join. Is it possible for two or more player to play campaign? Is there a solution?

Thank you!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer in Campaign mode

Post by FishSandwich »

Unless something was changed in the last year (when I last tried it) it should be possible using the method you described.

Are you able to host normal multiplayer games?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

The campaign's control.luas use things like game.player and game.show_message_dialog, which are single player only. Was the error people were getting when joining something like "this can only be used when map contains exactly one player"?

Might work if you replace the control.lua in the save game with the freeplay one, script some appropriate victory conditions yourself or fix the existing control.lua to use a hardcoded player for the item checks and replace the message dialogs with prints and things like that.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

laur_lng
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by laur_lng »

prg wrote:The campaign's control.luas use things like game.player and game.show_message_dialog, which are single player only. Was the error people were getting when joining something like "this can only be used when map contains exactly one player"?

Might work if you replace the control.lua in the save game with the freeplay one, script some appropriate victory conditions yourself or fix the existing control.lua to use a hardcoded player for the item checks and replace the message dialogs with prints and things like that.
Thank you for your reply. Indeed, when another player tries to join I get an error message saying that only one player can play (to summarize it). Can you give me an example of the script I can use?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Don't have such a script laying around currently. You'd pretty much need to rewrite the existing campaign to be multiplayer aware. Maybe just remove the control.lua to play without those messages telling you what to do (and also without victory conditions, you'd need to know yourself when you're done playing.)
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

_aspect
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _aspect »

Hey guys, was this issue solved? I am having the same issue and can't find a fix.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

_aspect wrote:Hey guys, was this issue solved? I am having the same issue and can't find a fix.
It seems this depends on map you want to play. We played the 1 map where you have a wrecked base and then 2 train stations left and right. Other player had no objective UI at all, and once we finished them the game just crashed. But for the most part it worked well. Then map like Transport belt madness don't work in multiplayer at all.

Return to “Multiplayer”