Multiplayer and Steam

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Multiplayer and Steam

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Multiplayer is always quite a process to get started. Once my friends and I are in a world together it all works just fine but in order to get a world started is always a whole process. Will multiplayer change and become more accessible with the steam release?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Multiplayer and Steam

Post by Klonan »

[DegC]RubenGass wrote:Multiplayer is always quite a process to get started. Once my friends and I are in a world together it all works just fine but in order to get a world started is always a whole process. Will multiplayer change and become more accessible with the steam release?
Not with the steam release, but with update 0.13 it will become a lot easier to play MP

Terra_Incognito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Terra_Incognito »

Klonan wrote:
Not with the steam release, but with update 0.13 it will become a lot easier to play MP
This makes me happy.

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stragemque »

Do you know if it will it be possible for non steam players to play with steam people. I really don't want to have to install steam just for this game.
zinovic

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Stragemque wrote:Do you know if it will it be possible for non steam players to play with steam people. I really don't want to have to install steam just for this game.
Yes, that will be possible.
slpwnd, in [url=https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6641&start=10#p101488]Re: Factorio Multiplayer Server List[/url] wrote:Just a FYI. We intend to create something called Multiplayer Matching Server / Service for the 0.13. The intended feature list is not yet complete but it would basically be an in-app integrated server listing service. So the server would list itself with the matching server. There would be some possibility to specify who is allowed to join (for instance list of usernames). Then players could look up servers to connect to directly via a dialog in Factorio.
While this was written before the Steam release was announced, if this will be implemented it will allow steam and non-steam players to play together.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Multiplayer”