[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.32/Modded]

Post by daniel34 »

50kalkiller wrote:Server seems to be on 0.12.32 but steam isn't updating the client past 0.12.31 for experimental?
Yes, Steam update seems to be delayed for some reason, but it should be available soon.
Next time I'll check if the update is available everywhere before updating. :)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Laokoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Laokoon »

update is not available.

EDIT: I went back to non-experimental and then to experimental again ... doesn't work. Stuck on 12.31 :(

50kalkiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 50kalkiller »

Laokoon wrote:update is not available.

EDIT: I went back to non-experimental and then to experimental again ... doesn't work. Stuck on 12.31 :(
I do believe this means that all of those that play Factorio through steam will be having a rather quiet day to themselves today.
It probably won't be until tomorrow or Monday before we see 0.12.32 through steam's content servers. :cry:

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

You can always download the non-steam version from the maipage. Just make sure that you hit the button for experimental updates since they're hidden by default. Personally I prefer the zip version. You could make a single unzipped folder for each new version/mid setting if you play on different servers (since the current management of mods etc. Is quite nor as handy as it could be). Make sure youcopy the folder config and the file player-data (also mods in case) from the old verision to the fresh zip folder. et voila: new version within a few seconds (excluding the download of the new version of factorio)

FacToRizeD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FacToRizeD »

You should use the Factorio Mod Manager, it's very convenient to have one setting per server.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=13327

50kalkiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 50kalkiller »

kaZ wrote:You can always download the non-steam version from the maipage. Just make sure that you hit the button for experimental updates since they're hidden by default. Personally I prefer the zip version. You could make a single unzipped folder for each new version/mid setting if you play on different servers (since the current management of mods etc. Is quite nor as handy as it could be). Make sure youcopy the folder config and the file player-data (also mods in case) from the old verision to the fresh zip folder. et voila: new version within a few seconds (excluding the download of the new version of factorio)
KaZ, the only issue is I purchased it through steam, and not directly like others.

So when I go under the downloads, all I see is the demo.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

50kalkiller wrote:
kaZ wrote:You can always download the non-steam version from the maipage. Just make sure that you hit the button for experimental updates since they're hidden by default. Personally I prefer the zip version. You could make a single unzipped folder for each new version/mid setting if you play on different servers (since the current management of mods etc. Is quite nor as handy as it could be). Make sure youcopy the folder config and the file player-data (also mods in case) from the old verision to the fresh zip folder. et voila: new version within a few seconds (excluding the download of the new version of factorio)
KaZ, the only issue is I purchased it through steam, and not directly like others.

• Make an account on factorio.com if you don't have one yet
  • Go to your profile page (click on your name on the top right)
  • Scroll down to connect your Steam account with your Factorio account
  • Now you can download the (DRM-free) standalone version

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Hey Daniel, please add the Larger Inventory mod, we really need it :)
Thank you.

50kalkiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 50kalkiller »

daniel34 wrote:
50kalkiller wrote:

• Make an account on factorio.com if you don't have one yet
  • Go to your profile page (click on your name on the top right)
  • Scroll down to connect your Steam account with your Factorio account
  • Now you can download the (DRM-free) standalone version
Ah, thank you for that. I should've thought to see if there was a linking ability with steam.

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

How about the Farl mod? It's a must when you have Rso. Also what about updating it to 0.12.33?

Cheers

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.33/Modded]

Post by daniel34 »

Updated the server to 0.12.33 and added the Larger Inventory mod.
Download the updated mods.zip or get it here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=5891

walljaik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by walljaik »

mod loading gives me an error with out unzipping, when unzipping it gives another error.
1st error
__hardcrafting__/locale/ES-es/generated.cfg(27):duplicate key name

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

walljaik wrote:mod loading gives me an error with out unzipping, when unzipping it gives another error.
1st error
I've forwarded the error to the mod author here.

Workaround: in locale/ES-es/generated.cfg you can remove line 27 in the file (laser-turret=Torretas láser) or completely delete the file. The mod will still work for multiplayer.
Make sure you only have the .zip file or the extracted folder in your mods folder, not both.

Or start Factorio in English, that would work, too. :lol:

Vittorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vittorio »

Hello!

I have a strange behavior of the game when I am trying to connect to the server. All mods are correct. Moreover, I have played successfully yesterday and last week.

The game writes 'connecting' and then just the wallpaper of game screen, nothing more, and seems it lasts forever. Just screen with wallpaper.

I will be grateful for the help

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Vit: that sounds like another player also connects at the same time you do. Ofc you have to wait for his download to be finished. And if that speed is low it appears that the game is stuck, but actaully your client is just waiting

walljaik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by walljaik »

daniel34 wrote:
walljaik wrote:mod loading gives me an error with out unzipping, when unzipping it gives another error.
1st error
I've forwarded the error to the mod author here.

Workaround: in locale/ES-es/generated.cfg you can remove line 27 in the file (laser-turret=Torretas láser) or completely delete the file. The mod will still work for multiplayer.
Make sure you only have the .zip file or the extracted folder in your mods folder, not both.

Or start Factorio in English, that would work, too. :lol:

nice, just deleted the file, works perfectly. nice map! just watched a bit cause was a bit of hurry, but started to fix the crushed line with a refilling line faster the bots or bufferbots. will come back sooner.

Maniah
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maniah »

Download of map is very slow for me right now. It's les then 5Kb/s. I'm very close to Roubaix (70km) and have a very fast connection.
20160508170942_1.jpg
20160508170942_1.jpg (246.55 KiB) Viewed 5588 times

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

So why you keep jamming to join? Is it the 10th attemp? Now you download again with 10 or 20kb7sec?

Maniah
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maniah »

kaZ wrote:So why you keep jamming to join? Is it the 10th attemp? Now you download again with 10 or 20kb7sec?
100 Kb/s right now, not great, but a lot better than it was. Sry for the wait!

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Daniel, it looks like the server jsut can't handle the load, as the map is big :)

The latency is 200-300.

Return to “Multiplayer”